• 🔖 It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

Do you balance your tires?

Big Red

Sep 27, 2023
I noticed my Ranger has a front-end vibration above 35 MPH. In the past when I upgraded my wheels and tires I had them balanced before putting them on and never had any issues. At least for now I plan to run the stock tire and rim set-up so I'm going to get them balanced Friday to see if it helps. Has anyone else noticed a front-end vibration? Do you normally balance your SXS tires?

I have never balanced my utv tires in the past, but that's not saying it's not a good idea. For now I haven't noticed a vibration.

I have done it in the past on some of my high-performance machines and it made a big difference. I think it would make a noticeable difference, especially at high speeds.

I noticed my Ranger has a front-end vibration above 35 MPH. In the past when I upgraded my wheels and tires I had them balanced before putting them on and never had any issues. At least for now I plan to run the stock tire and rim set-up so I'm going to get them balanced Friday to see if it helps. Has anyone else noticed a front-end vibration? Do you normally balance your SXS tires?
No balance on mine and no vibration or pull one way or another. I agree with Dragoon that it would probably solve issue. A friend has his balanced on Pro R and it is smooth with 35’s.

I got the tires balanced yesterday and it made a HUGE improvement. I can now run down the road at 60 with no vibration. I let the owner of the shop take it for a spin (he has a 23 XP1000 crew) and he was amazed. He said he was going to talk to the boss to she would let him get the new XD.

I got the tires balanced yesterday and it made a HUGE improvement. I can now run down the road at 60 with no vibration. I let the owner of the shop take it for a spin (he has a 23 XP1000 crew) and he was amazed. He said he was going to talk to the boss to she would let him get the new XD.
That's great news! Thank you for reporting back with the results.

Did they use stick on weights for the balance or the clip on type?
They used the stick-on weights all on the inside of the rim. The good news about the stock rims is they have a 6-1 offset so you can place everything on the inside of the wheels (both left and right sides of wheels)

Back