• 🔖 It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

Door Seal Collecting Water

Kalon T

Jan 31, 2024
Does anyone else have a problem with their machine holding water in the door seal? I’ve noticed that every time it rains or I wash my machine water gets trapped inside the door seal due to the poor design of the drain holes being on top on the seal and not at the bottom. When you shut the door it squeezes them out into the floorboards of the cab. I literally have to reach down and squeeze the water out through the holes to get it to drain every time after washing or rain.
IMG_9750.jpeg
IMG_9749.jpeg

I have not had that issue with mine. I have power washed mine several times and have had no water in the cab at all. Are you power washing the inside of the cab? If not I'm not sure how water is getting in and crawling up into the holes in the seal?? I'm not sure the holes are for drainage; my guess is they exist to let air escape out of the gasket when you close the door so you don't have to slam it like the XP 1000.

I have not had that issue with mine. I have power washed mine several times and have had no water in the cab at all. Are you power washing the inside of the cab? If not I'm not sure how water is getting in and crawling up into the holes in the seal?? I'm not sure the holes are for drainage; my guess is they exist to let air escape out of the gasket when you close the door so you don't have to slam it like the XP 1000.
Never power washed inside the cab. Somehow water is getting inside the little rubber seal. When you shut the door, it mashes the seal and causes the water to come out onto to floorboard. I just drilled holes in the bottom of rubber seal and now it seams to have fixed the issue.

Maybe the seal seam (where the two ends meet) is higher on the door and is letting the water in?? I hope drilling holes in the bottom solves the problem for you.

Maybe the seal seam (where the two ends meet) is higher on the door and is letting the water in?? I hope drilling holes in the bottom solves the problem for you.
Could be! I did notice the seals weren’t seated all the way. I corrected that as well. Hopefully that’ll do the trick!

Last edited:
Back