• 🔖 It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

First Engine and Differential Oil Changes?

Big Red

Sep 27, 2023
On my XP 1000 I think it was recommended to change the engine oil after the first 25 hours of operation. My dealer also suggested I did my differentials at the same time. After that it was 1 year, 100 hours or 1000 miles whichever came first, for severe use it was suggested to cut that time by half. The XD shows the engine oil and differentials being changed every year, 200 hours, or 2000 miles. Once again cutting the time in half for severe use. So, my question is this. Does the XD require the 25-hour service? If so, why? Nothing else I own with a gas motor suggest I do this, why would the Ranger be different?

Mine doesn’t show anything on app or screen. Says 2k miles. Have about 1400 before. I don’t thing there’s a 25 hour. My dealer said 2000 too. Here is app screenshot.

Attachments

• IMG_2682.png
    IMG_2682.png
    232.1 KB · Views: 8
Mine doesn’t show anything on app or screen. Says 2k miles. Have about 1400 before. I don’t thing there’s a 25 hour. My dealer said 2000 too. Here is app screenshot.
I just checked my app and it basically says the same as yours. I only brought it up because someone mentioned the 25-hour service in one of the threads here so it got me thinking.

Back