• 🔖 It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

Hello from Oregon

Mr.C

Feb 11, 2024
Hi everybody, I currently own a 2020 XP1000 NS ranger. But just put my order in for a new XD1500 yesterday. Hoping to have it with all the ordered accessories by the end of March. Drove an XD1500 and fell in love with it. Can’t wait to use it this spring bear hunting.

Welcome to the group! I had a 21 XP1000 NS as well, while it was a good machine it's nowhere near as nice as the XD.

Hi everybody, I currently own a 2020 XP1000 NS ranger. But just put my order in for a new XD1500 yesterday. Hoping to have it with all the ordered accessories by the end of March. Drove an XD1500 and fell in love with it. Can’t wait to use it this spring bear hunting.
Welcome! You will love it. 1000, not even same league.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone! I can’t wait to take the keys. Does anyone have an idea of how many miles I will get on a full tank of fuel? Just wondering for hunting/scouting reasons. I currently carry (3) 2 gallon rotopax cans on my xp1000. With the 1500 being so new there’s no mounting brackets available yet like I have on my 1000.

Attachments

• IMG_1469.jpeg
    IMG_1469.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
Thanks everyone! I can’t wait to take the keys. Does anyone have an idea of how many miles I will get on a full tank of fuel? Just wondering for hunting/scouting reasons. I currently carry (3) 2 gallon rotopax cans on my xp1000. With the 1500 being so new there’s no mounting brackets available yet like I have on my 1000.
It depends on driving, obviously, but I would say in a hunting situation with 4 wheel drive and climbing 130-150 miles. 2wd and flat-ish around 200-220 miles.

I ordered a thumper fab can mount for their can and will attach it to the rails with their hardware which is designed for the max rail system. Kind of pricey, but a solid and simple way to haul 5 gallons in bed. It’s a nice system, but does take space rotopax doesn’t. There will be options to make rotopax work in a variety of ways in the future.

I agree with Wincollector that it will depend on the driving situation. I did 60 miles of hard pack driving around 35 mph and used 1/4 of a tank. I have a 3 seater not a six and always run premium fuel. Add a bunch of weight, run up and down hills, use cheap fuel your milage will vary for sure.

Thanks guys. Sure, driving speed and terrain will make it vary for sure. Sounds like I’ll definitely be using some tie downs and strapping in a few 5 gallon cans for the first few trips. Between the accessories added, people, and cargo there will be some weight. Couple bear hunting trips planned for this spring, and there is no going back to the truck and trailer until it’s time to go home.

Exactly same as me. Only my 20 was a crew. 24 1500 is a crew. Mine is built waiting to ship.

Ya same, XP was a crew and ordered a crew in the XD. Love having that extra cab space.

Back