• đź”– It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

Wheels and tyres

If you look at the other threads talking about tires and wheels you will see a video from 505Outsiders who is running 35's I'm not sure the width. I'm told he has a rub issue at full lock and don't know if he is running spacers or not. Plenty of people are on 32"s, someone here (can't remember who) is on 33's without any issues. Are you after the Monster Truck look or do you really need the extra 1" of ground clearance?

I am after slightly more ground clearance without going for a full lift kit
Maybe some one will offer an aftermarket adjuster springs over shocks.
My main use is in very rough rocky terrain where the rocks are generally between 6 “and 15 “ high. I deflate my tyres to 7 .5 psi and as I am driving under 20 mph they don’t come off the rims ( so far)
I have also just purchased 32 “Roxxzillas ( soft compound)and they seem excellent. My longer term plan is to buy some more rims and tyres and to swap around for different conditions ?

I just installed 32" BFG KM3's on mine yesterday, they raised my machine 1.25" over the stock tires. I could see how a 33" would fit but I couldn't see a 35" tire fitting unless they ran way small. My new rims are a +10mm offset which pushed my tires out 2.11" on each side. This seemed to open up the fender well area quite a bit.

I am after slightly more ground clearance without going for a full lift kit
Maybe some one will offer an aftermarket adjuster springs over shocks.
My main use is in very rough rocky terrain where the rocks are generally between 6 “and 15 “ high. I deflate my tyres to 7 .5 psi and as I am driving under 20 mph they don’t come off the rims ( so far)
I have also just purchased 32 “Roxxzillas ( soft compound)and they seem excellent. My longer term plan is to buy some more rims and tyres and to swap around for different conditions ?
I've read some complaints elsewhere about the transmissions on these machines while rock climbing and stuff. I haven't had a chance to hit any good trails yet with mine. So what do you think of it in the rough stuff?

Tassie, you could also mount the current shocks to the outward position to gain a little more ground clearance. Along with adjusting the pre load tension on the springs to gain a little more. I did that along with a lift on my XP1000.

I've read some complaints elsewhere about the transmissions on these machines while rock climbing and stuff. I haven't had a chance to hit any good trails yet with mine. So what do you think of it in the rough stuff?
So far I only used it mainly on flat Rocky sections in tow haul mode on the steep bits and it feels very different from my ranger 1000 , almost as if it’s going to run out of puff but then it seems to get its second legs !!

Thumper did a few races with the 1500 and the new defender. The defender whipped it every time. It’s like the clutching on the 1500 is super conservative.

Back