• 🔖 It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

25 hour front and rear diff oil change

Clubin

Oct 13, 2023
My machine has 780 km on it and 25 hours, so I thought I would do my first oil change on the front and rear differentials. Front differential is easy to access and everything is as you would think. A little bit of a metallic on the magnet, but nothing major. Rear Diff on the other hand is very easy to drain. The fill plug location is very tough to get at. The rear diff had quite a substantial amount of metallic on the magnet, and the oil was very metallic. For the front desk, I used Amsoil powertrain fluid, and for the rear diff I used 75w140 full synthetic gear oil.
IMG_4358.jpeg
IMG_4359.jpeg

My machine has 780 km on it and 25 hours, so I thought I would do my first oil change on the front and rear differentials. Front differential is easy to access and everything is as you would think. A little bit of a metallic on the magnet, but nothing major. Rear Diff on the other hand is very easy to drain. The fill plug location is very tough to get at. The rear diff had quite a substantial amount of metallic on the magnet, and the oil was very metallic. For the front desk, I used Amsoil powertrain fluid, and for the rear diff I used 75w140 full synthetic gear oil. View attachment 660View attachment 661
Did u use polaris oil for the rear diff

Thought it be Longer than just 26hrs

86% oil life how many more hours do I have
Dealer got my new dash cluster in they were going to pick it up next tuesday to replace guess better do oil change first

Attachments

• IMG_3632.jpeg
    IMG_3632.jpeg
    190.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3633.jpeg
    IMG_3633.jpeg
    124.5 KB · Views: 1
Thought it be Longer than just 26hrs

86% oil life how many more hours do I have
Dealer got my new dash cluster in they were going to pick it up next tuesday to replace guess better do oil change first
I would. It’s super easy though. Oil won’t be that bad.

But it say 86% remaining shouldn’t it be 10-15% remaining that’s was next screen after the alert shrugs

I believe the oil change frequency is 200 hours, 2000 miles, or 1 year whichever comes first. The XP 1000 Rangers suggested you do it at something like the first 25 hours.........some do some don't. Funny the new XP 1000 doubled it's oil and differential frequency even though they it is the same engine, differentials, and oil they used in model year 2024. I had Polaris Victory motorcycles for years and one year it was all of a sudden ok to change the oil and filter every 5000 miles instead of 2500 miles as previously stated. Go figure someone wants a little extra revenue until the competition steps up to say otherwise.

Just changed my front and rear diffs at 400 miles front had alot of metallic looking in it the oil in the back wasn't that bad
I know. Only way to get it out is to change it. Oil is cheap. I will do front diff every 50 hours. Engine and rear diff every 100.

I did my oil change never dropped that clean of oil in my life. Not sure what you guys paid for oil but Canada it’s $25 a quart 4 quarts bugger

I did my oil change never dropped that clean of oil in my life. Not sure what you guys paid for oil but Canada it’s $25 a quart 4 quarts bugger
But it’s done. I have no concept of money so u don’t know what $25 is.

Back