• 🔖 It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

Door air leaks.

pjm

Mar 28, 2024
Drivers door has air rushing in when fully closed. Anyone else had this and any fixes that have been tried.

Same here, I feel air coming in where the interior door latch is to open it. Is that where you feel it coming in? I installed gasket material behind the strike on the body of my machine, but still feel air coming in. Haven’t dug into it yet.

Same here, I feel air coming in where the interior door latch is to open it. Is that where you feel it coming in? I installed gasket material behind the strike on the body of my machine, but still feel air coming in. Haven’t dug into it yet.
Yes, that is the same general area of the leak.

I feel it like crazy there too. When I am driving into a side wind.
It’s nice out I haven’t looked into it yet either.

Definitely air comes in at each door as well as shifter. I packed my strike plates full of gasket material and it helps, but Polaris needs to wake up and address this.

This has to be the problem. Every other hole is on the other side of the door gasket.
IMG_3749.jpeg

You are correct, I believe most of the air gets in through this area. I shoved some insulation around the door latch and it made a big difference.

Attachments

• 20240411_123908.jpg
    20240411_123908.jpg
    608.6 KB · Views: 1
You are correct, I believe most of the air gets in through this area. I shoved some insulation around the door latch and it made a big difference.
I’ll have to try that. Have plenty of extra pipe insulation to shove in there and see if it makes a difference.

Back