• 🔖 It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

Gun rack

I’m using the kolpin ratcheting holders. The bar clamp models. I used 2 sets so I can secure 2 long guns. I staggered the mounting, so I can reach the buttons to open them up used the bar right behind the front seats for one pair, then the rear handle bar for the other pair
IMG_1762.jpeg

I’m using the Kolpin dual gun scabbard. I have a three seater

Attachments

• IMG_1775.jpeg
    IMG_1775.jpeg
    885.2 KB · Views: 2
I’m using the Kolpin dual gun scabbard. I have a three seater
I did not think you could use the previous Kolpin gun rack, but it appears you can. How does it attach to the new rail system? Part number? My new rig just arrived and I thought I had to use the new rail system rack from Polaris?

I looked up the part numbers. you can call them they have the anchor set for the track. The gun boots are the XL they have the best liner The part numbers are#20000 double boot mount #53505 lock and ride max 4 pack anchors #20705 Gun boot XL

Last edited:
I looked up the part numbers. you can call them they have the anchor set for the track. The gun boots are the XL they have the best liner The part numbers are#20000 double boot mount #53505 lock and ride max 4 pack anchors #20705 Gun boot XL

Does anyone have experience comparing the previous gun rack like Jeff G shows with the new L/R max compared to the L/R max rail bar and Kolpin gun mount. I had the previous and it was good but it very bumpy areas my guns would slightly twist . The end bolts on the main rail would allow movement- I thought about welding the area. Cost for the gun boot mounts and rack is $200.00. The new rail system with the brackets is $900. WTH? I'm wondering if the new rail and then gun boots are more stout or less movement because they are mounted on the side of the rail? What is the benefit of having the rail and mount system vs doing what Jeff G did? Is it $700 better?

Back