• đź”– It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

Idaho Rides

I live in the Boise area and new to the UTV world with my 2024 Northstar Premium. If you’re interested, I know a few pretty trails outside of Boise. I would also love to know some trails in the Salmon or McCall area. How do you like the XD? I was tempted to buy one but read it has a lot of air leaks into the cab, so I will wait until the 2025

I live in the Boise area and new to the UTV world with my 2024 Northstar Premium. If you’re interested, I know a few pretty trails outside of Boise. I would also love to know some trails in the Salmon or McCall area. How do you like the XD? I was tempted to buy one but read it has a lot of air leaks into the cab, so I will wait until the 2025
My cab is tight. No real intrusion, but placed baffling in the door latch mechanism . If you can drop me a few of the pretty trails would be appreciated. We are in SW Montana and just looking for more places to explore. Thanks

My cab is tight. No real intrusion, but placed baffling in the door latch mechanism . If you can drop me a few of the pretty trails would be appreciated. We are in SW Montana and just looking for more places to explore. Thanks
A quick disclaimer, when I was a Marine I swore never to sleep in the dirt, or rough it again. If you follow 8th street North in Boise, the pavement will end at a dirt road. The dirt road will allow access to 100’s of miles of off road trails. The trails I traveled went to Idaho City and Robbie Creek. Both are hole in the walls, but kinda cool. Also, if you take Eagle Road in Meridian, north, a ton of trails as well. I normally like riding to place I can get a cold beer and/or lunch. The Eagle Road trails can get you to Emmett or Horseshoe Bend, both have a bar/restaurant. I use a Garmin Tread and subscribe to Garmin.explore.com. The website will allow you to map out trails based on ability, but it’s not always accurate. One time it indicated a beginner trail and I seriously thought I would die. Last year I drove to Pine Idaho, about 90 minutes East of Boise. Super cool area with a great place for lunch and drinks. I just finished using the Garmin website to pre-plan a ride to a place called Rocky Bar, an old gold mining town and Trinity Lakes. It is my understanding that the trail, due to snow, is still not open, but I plan to call the Forrest service tomorrow to confirm. I believe the loop is about 70 miles. FYI, I have encountered some mountain men that live in the boondocks a few times and they were not friendly. I always have a EDC on my person and bring my DD M-4 out of caution. If I can help in any way, let me know

Back