• 🔖 It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

Maine Registration

Pczmyr

Apr 21, 2024
Has anyone registered their 1500 XD in Maine? I know they have a 2000lb weight limit for ATVs to register. I wasn’t sure if there was any consideration for this machine.

Has anyone registered their 1500 XD in Maine? I know they have a 2000lb weight limit for ATVs to register. I wasn’t sure if there was any consideration for this machine.
I know in Iowa we technically have the same rule of 2000 lbs. and 1000 cc's. These stem from rules manufactures developed years ago to stop the government from stepping in and creating them for the industry. These rules in Iowa are supposed to be enforced on state run UTV / ATV parks but I don't believe they are. A regular 4 door UTV easily exceeds 2000 lbs., and you see them everywhere and no one questions it. Before I bought my XD I was mostly concerned about the 1500 cc's not being legal, so I had my dealer check into it. He called the DNR and was told there would be no issue registering it and there wasn't. I would call whoever in Maine registers them and ask them if it's an issue. Your local Dealer may also already know the answer to your question.

Back