• šŸ”– It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

New Ranger being launched next Tuesday @ 6:00 PM

Big Red

Sep 27, 2023
Apparently, there is going to be a new Ranger in town! Polaris announced the Big Reveal will be next Tuesday at 6:00 PM. I think the XP1000 is going to get some upgrades to separate it from the Defender 10 Limited. My guess is it will get the Expedition motor, more suspension travel, better sealing integrated doors, and a refreshed interior. What are your thoughts?

Think front ends gonna look a little different as well. we shall see. Gonna be interesting if they try and start trickling down the steelbelt style tranny in some way. Never know with Polaris

I call a fold down centre council with cup holders.

Redesigned front and different doors. More like the 1500.

Just as long as itā€™s not a new 1500. lol. Not sure my wife would let me use the excuse that mine is used now.

Just as long as itā€™s not a new 1500. lol. Not sure my wife would let me use the excuse that mine is used now.
Itā€™s going to kick can and ass. Iā€™m guessing power stays the same but total cosmetic update.

Itā€™s going to kick can and ass. Iā€™m guessing power stays the same but total cosmetic update.
I think they will boost the power some, right now the specs are the same with Can Am and the Polaris looses most drag races I've seen. I'm not sure they will give it Expedition power (114 HP) but I bet they bump it up closer to 100 HP to beat Can Am. I agree they will also add an armrest and better flush fitting doors. If they are smart, they will focus on reducing the noise and giving it a decent sound system......the current one really sucks ass! I really doubt you will see a Steel drive type transmission, too costly for the average Ranger owner and if you want it you can go to the XD.

From the owner of my local dealership, sounds like the XP1000 will look more like the XD in the front and body panels as far as whatā€™s colored and black textured plastic. The lock and ride system will match. Basically sounds like theyā€™re going to slim the parts list down between all the machines, so mount/install will be the same for attachments. But not a huge change. He also said, he hasnā€™t been given a lot of information.

Just watched the reveal......what a disappointment. New bumper, front end, audio, bolstered seats, oh and we are going to give everyone a roof and a winch. Glad I have the 1500 XD!

Just watched the reveal......what a disappointment. New bumper, front end, audio, bolstered seats, oh and we are going to give everyone a roof and a winch. Glad I have the 1500 XD!
Yes I watched it.
New seat material too
Recalibrated steering
Redesigned front

That shifting thing is a big one. The xpā€™s never shifted very good.

Last edited:
Just finished watching it myself. Like Carolina said, besides the cup holders, Iā€™m very happy I went with an XD. So much more solid and tighter than my ā€˜20 XP. That said, if I was thinking of going with a new XP, I donā€™t think I would.

The shifter being better is a big thing, that said it always should have been better than it was. Now getting JBL speakers, once again the radio should never have been as bad as it was. Not sure I care about the steering.....was there a problem here that I never noticed? Good that they are improving but I didn't see anything that needed "revealed" mostly just fixing things that customers were complaining about.

IMG_3733.png
IMG_3732.jpeg
The front redesign is cool. The roof was a no brainer.

I watched it yesterday glad to see they went that far rather than just tweaking the old tranny. Steering was the other major change, I guess I never had a problem with the old steering system. They finally made the stereo decent, it probably sounds as good as the XD's.......but the XD should at least have a 4-speaker system standard.

Back