• đź”– It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

Ordering Ranger XD1500

Havent heard a peep about deliveries starting. Sometime in the fall is latest I've heard.

My dealer (owner of dealership), told me end of this month for his first one. His first XD is mine so we shall see. Not sure if end of month is likely or not, but that’s what he told me a couple of weeks ago, and last week he still thought that would be true. He said Polaris told him he’d have more information on the 15th (tomorrow). If I haven’t heard from him by Wednesday I will reach out and let y’all know. AZ is hearing fall so who knows. Hope my information is correct, but with this kind of thing its very fluid. Scarce information at this point.

Fall is next month so let’s hope end of this month or early fall (September).

My dealer (owner of dealership), told me end of this month for his first one. His first XD is mine so we shall see. Not sure if end of month is likely or not, but that’s what he told me a couple of weeks ago, and last week he still thought that would be true. He said Polaris told him he’d have more information on the 15th (tomorrow). If I haven’t heard from him by Wednesday I will reach out and let y’all know. AZ is hearing fall so who knows. Hope my information is correct, but with this kind of thing its very fluid. Scarce information at this point.
You're continuing to give me hope this thing arrives before my Xpedition. I do find it weird that none of the orders are showing as scheduled on the polaris tracker. Still stuck on confirmed.

I am same…confirmed…but inasmuch as I am dealing with the actual owner of dealership who was boots on the ground two weeks ago at unveil, I think there is room to hope sooner than October. He has been confident. That said, his rep at Polaris may have given him overly optimistic info. I will let you know as soon as I have more information. I appreciate the community…small though we are!

I called dealership today. They still have zero Intel to report regarding build dates. Say polaris has remained silent since announcement

Well, I guess the only real way is to put an order in and watch the tracker feature in one's account!

I just texted my dealer and he is going to get with Polaris and let me know. He hadn’t heard anything yet, but he is going to reach out to them.

Can't wait to get some solid dates and seeing these things show up in people's hands.

I ordered day 1. Tracker isn't showing anything except order confirmed. No dates etc.
AZ, I am wanting some advice and based on your thoughtful and knowledgeable comments on the boards it sounds like you have more than a working knowledge of what would work well for tires. What would you recommend for 32” tires for 50% asphalt, 40% trails and 10% sand? I will likely do some kind of bead-lock wheel too.

AZ, I am wanting some advice and based on your thoughtful and knowledgeable comments on the boards it sounds like you have more than a working knowledge of what would work well for tires. What would you recommend for 32” tires for 50% asphalt, 40% trails and 10% sand? I will likely do some kind of bead-lock wheel too.
That is a whole bunch of asphalt. Tires that will last decently on asphalt will not excel in the sand. And this machine being almost uniquely heavy makes tire choice a little more crucial. And not sure where you're located - trails in Kentucky are totally different than out west. But the tires that I recommend for that breakdown, assuming most of your trail riding general harpack, would be:

BFG KM3. My current favorite. Excellent road manners, quiet, and still holds its own on everything except deep mud. Designed to carry heavy loads so it doesnt sweat the weight of the Xpedition and stands up to pavement miles. Steel belted. While the BFG is listed as 10" wide, it tends to run a bit narrow.

System 3 RT320 or Tusk Terrabite would probably be second. Both are still rounded lugs and wear very nicely. If you dont care about getting a ton of miles out of them, System 3 XCR350 is a great looking tire as is the Valor Alpha ([pricey but USA made). The 350 will grab more ruts and make you wrestle the steering wheel a bit more because of the square lugs. Valor Alpha is newish to market but would likely fall in between the two.

There are a ton of other great tires out there, thats just my preference (that is influenced heavily by western style hardpack riding). Unless you're riding in mud and wet rocks all the time, the KM3 is really tough to beat as an all around performer with great life.

I’m in UT. You are correct, that is a lot of asphalt. That said, I am in a small town and use my SxS to run around a lot. Glad you mentioned KM3 and Terrabites. I have KM3 in my cart at RM, along with tusk terrabites. Both built on a tusk bead lock. I will likely pull trigger and get them coming when I have a solid date on rig delivery. You helped me confirm my first choice of KM3. I appreciate the time and consideration you spent!

I’m in UT. You are correct, that is a lot of asphalt. That said, I am in a small town and use my SxS to run around a lot. Glad you mentioned KM3 and Terrabites. I have KM3 in my cart at RM, along with tusk terrabites. Both built on a tusk bead lock. I will likely pull trigger and get them coming when I have a solid date on rig delivery. You helped me confirm my first choice of KM3. I appreciate the time and consideration you spent!
They don't give you a hard time using the SXS on the streets? Some areas are real strict about that.

In UT have to make it street legal (turn signals, horn, etc)and register it as such. Depending on county, cannot use on roads with posted speed limit greater the 50mph (Salt Lake County only for this requirement). All other counties can use on any road except interstate, but not supposed to exceed 50mph. I have not heard of anyone having and issue with exceeding that, but that’s the law. In SLC and other large metro areas, they are on city streets frequently. In rural towns they are nearly as prevalent as cars and used for a variety of uses. Hauling garbage to dump, running errands, grocery shopping. You name it. In many small towns they allow non street legal ATV’s on street and prefer them to be on street so they don’t kick up dust on shoulders. Small town USA is awesome…just ask Jason Aldean!

In UT have to make it street legal (turn signals, horn, etc)and register it as such. Depending on county, cannot use on roads with posted speed limit greater the 50mph (Salt Lake County only for this requirement). All other counties can use on any road except interstate, but not supposed to exceed 50mph. I have not heard of anyone having and issue with exceeding that, but that’s the law. In SLC and other large metro areas, they are on city streets frequently. In rural towns they are nearly as prevalent as cars and used for a variety of uses. Hauling garbage to dump, running errands, grocery shopping. You name it. In many small towns they allow non street legal ATV’s on street and prefer them to be on street so they don’t kick up dust on shoulders. Small town USA is awesome…just ask Jason Aldean!

That is awesome. I'd use one as a daily in my hometown but they aren't street legal, even if you put the necessary stuff on them. Stupid New Mexico.

Still no update…will keep trying.
I was holding out hope that your dealer was the correct outlier but that's starting to seem impossible.

Pretty interesting how tight lipped polaris has been since release. Xpedition had not only ship dates but deliveries by now. But, perhaps more analogous because it was a monumental change like the XD, the pro r took many months to start delivering after release.

Back to the reality of, nobody knows a thing.

Back