• 🔖 It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

Ranger 1500 tire and wheel pics

Clubin

Oct 13, 2023
My ship date is quickly approaching. Let’s see some tire and wheel options.

Settled on these
IMG_3010.jpeg

Settled on these
View attachment 374
Love the choice! They will look crazy good. Just need the machine to come now. You are in that kid at Christmas stage and it is brutal waiting! I agree with Jay, 32‘s are perfect size unless you get into suspension and arm changes and that comes with an entire set of potential issues and cost.

So aggressive! Love the detail on the beadlock! That is a sweet setup and will look awesome on your camo rig!

Good looking tire and wheel! Mine are going to be here tomorrow then off to the tire shop to get them balanced. I hope they look as good as I imagined they will. If not.........well let's not think about that. I should be able to post pics by Saturday.

Dam, they look better than on the stock photo. As wincollector said, I like the pattern on the bead lock. Have you measured them to see if they’re a true 32”. I’m still waiting for my machine to test fit it with the 30’s, light bar and head ache rack winch and lights. If there’s plenty of clearance then I’ll be going 32’s.

Dam, they look better than on the stock photo. As wincollector said, I like the pattern on the bead lock. Have you measured them to see if they’re a true 32”. I’m still waiting for my machine to test fit it with the 30’s, light bar and head ache rack winch and lights. If there’s plenty of clearance then I’ll be going 32’s.
I’ll let you know w in the morning.

Got my new wheels and tires on yesterday and I'm very happy with them. Wheels are machined 15X7 MSA Thunderlips with a +10mm offset. (they also make in flat black) This pushed the tires out 2.11" on each corner. The tires are 32X10 BFG KM3's which raised my ride height 1.25" over the stock tires. The KM3's don't look aggressive but everything I've read and heard said they are a great all-around tire. I run a lot of pavement and gravel roads so I was looking for a smooth long wearing tire that would also be very capable off road. These seemed to check all the boxes for me. My Ranger now rides as smooth as my truck. Zero shake or vibration feel in the steering at 65 mph.

Attachments

• IMG_9537.JPG
    IMG_9537.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_9539.JPG
    IMG_9539.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_9538.JPG
    IMG_9538.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
Both set ups look great. I really like the valor combo. The alpha tires sort of resemble the KM3’s but with a little more aggressiveness to me. We had KM3’s on our jeep and they wore great, and lasted forever. I hope I can run 32’s, but still waiting for the new XD to arrive.

Both set ups look great. I really like the valor combo. The alpha tires sort of resemble the KM3’s but with a little more aggressiveness to me. We had KM3’s on our jeep and they wore great, and lasted forever. I hope I can run 32’s, but still waiting for the new XD to arrive.
Mr. C - You say "I hope I can run 32's" are you concerned that they won't fit?

I’m just concerned about clearance driving in and out of my enclosed trailer. I think it’s going to be a tight fit clearance wise with 32”s. I’ll be fine with the 30’s. I don’t think I really wanna deal with airing down the tires or ratcheting down the suspension.

I’m just concerned about clearance driving in and out of my enclosed trailer. I think it’s going to be a tight fit clearance wise with 32”s. I’ll be fine with the 30’s. I don’t think I really wanna deal with airing down the tires or ratcheting down the suspension.
Ok that makes sense, your concerned it will be too tall to clear with 32" tires. If width is a concern, make sure you stay with a 6/1 offset if you change wheels. My new wheels are a +10mm and it made my machine 4.22" wider than it was before. I wasn't after a wider machine but I do like the look of the wheel having a little depth to it.

Ya width is plenty fine even if I was 4” wider. And the inside height of my trailer would be fine, it’s the at the back door, where the spring mechanism is for the cables for the back door. It hangs down a little. My xp was a little taller than an xd. But I haven’t had the chance to measure an xd with a light bar on the roof yet.

Well sorry Clubin, I had to copy your set up. Ordered 5 wheels and tires today. The weight of the valor wheels sold me over the methods. Especially with the weight of the machine and all accessories already.

Back