• 🔖 It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

Rear headache rack

Davejf

Feb 9, 2024
Anyone have the rear headache rack installed? Thinking of having the dealer put one on so I don’t throw a log through the rear glass, I wonder how it’s mounted ?

Just the 4 bolts in the holes on the back of the roll cage . You might need help to put in place to get the bolts started

Super easy install- 4 bolts. As noted it is easier to install if you have help, but definitely possible to do solo.

I picked one up for the same reason (firewood). It is noticeably beefier than the headache rack in my xp1000; given it has an integrated winch mount I guess that makes sense.

Does anyone know if the threaded holes that the headache mount bolts to are threaded inserts or cage nuts welded from the inside? The reason I ask is - I'M MISSING ONE and it looks like if it's welded, then item 1 in the link would have to be replaced. Shop by vehicle | Polaris Off-Road Vehicles

Any ideas?

Think I understand the question. The receiving threads for the bolt were in the metal frame, do not recall a lip that looked like an insert. If you need I can remove the bolt and make sure there is not a lip. Should be visible on the Frame around the window if there. On the picture no lip between the rack and frame.
tempImageH2uawN.png

I’m also pretty sure the female threads are attached/welded inside the frame if I remember correctly. Mine was installed before I picked up the machine. But I vaguely remember seeing the female threads.

Thank you both for checking. It looks like the hole i'm missing the "insert" from also has threads, albeit a bigger hole than the others, which makes me think it may be an insert of some kind. Still trying to investigate what might have happened.

Back