• 🔖 It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

Roof light bar installation

Iaroadmaster

Mar 2, 2024
Putting on the 32” Rigid roof light bar and wondering if anyone has pictures of the wiring harness to the light. Specifically wondering if the harness cord is going thru a hole in the roof or if it is run under the roof to the front with no hole in the roof. Thanks for any info on this.

I don’t have a picture at this point in time, but I’m pretty sure my dealer has drilled a hole for my last 2 machines into the roof. Installed a rubber grommet then siliconed.

Mr.C, thanks for your reply, I am just a little nervous about drilling a hole in the roof. The instructions were not specific on the harness/roof placement. I will continue to research.

Mr.C, thanks for your reply, I am just a little nervous about drilling a hole in the roof. The instructions were not specific on the harness/roof placement. I will continue to research.
Drilled and siliconed. Took a deep breath and felt like I was drilling my hand. Haha. I actually cut a connector off my wire so I could do smaller hole and spliced again under headliner. Drilling a hole in a roof of a machine that costs $50k is not fun. Turned out fine though!

I cut the grommet down one side. Then I urathaned the cut. But make the hole small enough it fits tight and will never leak anyway.

Thanks for all the replies….Clubin’s fix with the side cut on the grommet was the direction I was heading but wondered if there were other options. I have a friend with a Defender and his harness ran under the roof with no hole but I didn’t like the look of that. I think I will go with the Clubin fix.

There are dimples where you need to drill. I installed the 32” light bar. It mounts to the plastic door. Not to anything metal. Where you drill the power through is up to you. But be a bit careful not to hit a support rib.

I installed yesterday and did the same, 1” hole with a slit grommet, and silicone.
Install went great…. thanks for the reply

Back