• 🔖 It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

The All-New Polaris Ranger XD 1500 STEELDRIVE Transmission Deep Dive - Shop Talk EP. 28

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2023

This week on Shop Talk Episode 28, Pat is back with special guest Chris Hendricks, product manager for RANGER to walk through the all-new RANGER XD 1500. In this episode, Pat & Chris will be focusing on the industry-exclusive Steeldrive Transmission as well as the durability of the machine.

This is very informative! I am becoming more and more certain that this is going to be a game changing rig! Hopefully bugs are worked out with the years of R&D spent on it. I spoke to the owner of the dealership last week, and he also said what was mentioned in this video, that it really drives like a regular vehicle. When you let off the brake it goes. That will take a little bit of getting used to vs currently with side-by-side it will not move until the gas is Pressed. I actually like it that this has instant power and drives more like a regular vehicle.

If the transmission holds up half as well as polaris claims, it will be a home run.

Curious to see how it'll do with high mileage turning 35s
35s would be some thing else and look incredible! I’m going to do 32s but will be interested to see what happens if you do put 35s on it. My only worry is will it become tippy.

35s would be some thing else and look incredible! I’m going to do 32s but will be interested to see what happens if you do put 35s on it. My only worry is will it become tippy.
I'm hoping they will fit without too much effort. I've got 32s waiting foe the xpedition and I'd like to go bigger on the range but also don't want to wait around months for aftermarket forward arms.

The new Ranger XD already looks so massive that I bet it will look spectacular with 35s! The ground clearance will be unreal with tires that big.

I'm hoping they will fit without too much effort. I've got 32s waiting foe the xpedition and I'd like to go bigger on the range but also don't want to wait around months for aftermarket forward arms.
The wells look pretty big so may fit without too much modification. I am going to be watching your mods closely. I did send request to shock therapy to put me on list when they have QS3 available.

Back