• 🔖 It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

Thumper Fab Fuel Mount

Wincollector

Staff member
Aug 7, 2023
I received my thumper fab fuel mount a week or two ago, and just got it put on. They’re kind of pricey, but it really is a nice design. That said, don’t waste your money on the mounting screws that are supposedly made for the xpedition and the Ranger XD. They are absolute junk. a little piece of extruded aluminum that has a threaded hole in it and two screws for $28. Complete rip off. To add insult to injury though, the aluminum piece won’t fit in the rail. I had to grind them narrower on both sides a lot and mess around with them to get them to slip down into the rail. Complete waste of money. If I were doing it again, I would use carriage bolts. I would grind the square of the carriage bolt a little bit if it stuck up too far.

Attachments

• IMG_2629.jpeg
    IMG_2629.jpeg
    278.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2630.jpeg
    IMG_2630.jpeg
    275 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2631.jpeg
    IMG_2631.jpeg
    390 KB · Views: 13
Update to add, I left a negative review on the mounting screw set on thumper fab website, and they haven’t posted it. Kind of interesting and makes me wonder about the company in general. If they won’t allow somebody to critique their poor product, then I hesitate to use them in the future. Just an FYI.

Update to add, I left a negative review on the mounting screw set on thumper fab website, and they haven’t posted it. Kind of interesting and makes me wonder about the company in general. If they won’t allow somebody to critique their poor product, then I hesitate to use them in the future. Just an FYI.
That is exactly why I decided against them on the Long Travel Kit. Several people mentioned they have horrible customer service and that there was many defects on their suspension products. No telling how many negative reviews are filtered out!

That is exactly why I decided against them on the Long Travel Kit. Several people mentioned they have horrible customer service and that there was many defects on their suspension products. No telling how many negative reviews are filtered out!
I recalled your mentioning some iffy QC and when they didn’t post review of their mounting screws not working because I gave it 1 Star and a poor review, alarm bells went off. I would say when you have to grind the extruded aluminum about 1/8 of inch on each side that it is a poor product. I won’t be using them again. I can forgive poor product, can’t forgive dishonest review process.

That’s honestly the feeling I got from them too.

Back