• 🔖 It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

1st real ride on new machine

Oct 25, 2023
Went to St. joe's State park in Missouri has a great area for all types of machines. Went with 2 of my son's and 3 1/2 year old grandson.
I had an opportunity to break it in somewhat at my son's place prior to trip.
Took some trails at his house including a monster hill decent and climb. This machine is really next level in terms or performance IMOP.
I unfortunately don't have any real video we had a very small window of time Saturday around a family gathering and the park is almost 2 hours away.
It was the only thing with good trails open holiday weekend near me. I had to get it on some trials LOL.
Did some medium trail rides and some medium rock crawl and some open sand and woops none of it phased this unit it performed well across all aspect of the ride.
Comfort and noise level was exceptional even had 3 adult males in cabin. A bit tight none of us are small men.
Most importantly myself and grandson Easton had a fantastic safe and comfortable ride. He was a big factor in my purchase in the first place.

I will add a couple pics and a interesting video of after trip if it loads.

Attachments

• 20231125_125031.jpg
    20231125_125031.jpg
    969.2 KB · Views: 35
  • 20231125_125023.jpg
    20231125_125023.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 31
  • 20231125_143114.jpg
    20231125_143114.jpg
    894.9 KB · Views: 43
Very happy to see it’s all I had hoped it would be! Fingers crossed sooner than later on this end.

Very much appreciated your sharing your experience.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing your initial thoughts! It sounds like you had it loaded down pretty well with passengers and some cargo and it didn't have any issues with power or ground clearance.

I did some video just some small sample size stuff of some initial trail rides.
One interesting one trying to clean the machine after ride.
I posted on my youtube page keep in mind I am 57 yrs old.
Lol
Trying to get posted material and provide a link here for you all is
A challenge.
Let me know if my link above I pasted gets you all to the YouTube page.
In the event it works I will try and add some follow up videos.
Can't guarantee it will not be difficult to watch.
iIf I didn't copy and paste youtube link properly I will keep trying because that will take you all to videos I already uploaded.

I did some video just some small sample size stuff of some initial trail rides.
One interesting one trying to clean the machine after ride.
I posted on my youtube page keep in mind I am 57 yrs old.
Lol
Trying to get posted material and provide a link here for you all is
A challenge.
Let me know if my link above I pasted gets you all to the YouTube page.
In the event it works I will try and add some follow up videos.
Can't guarantee it will not be difficult to watch.
iIf I didn't copy and paste youtube link properly I will keep trying because that will take you all to videos I already uploaded.
Above and beyond with the videos posted! Thanks so much! Exact same age…not even sure how to post to YouTube. Hahaha. Well done! Such a sweet machine. So excited! I’m being told mid December. hope that holds. You are definitely on early end!

Can‘t believe it is tight enough for automatic car wash. Very impressive!

Above and beyond with the videos posted! Thanks so much! Exact same age…not even sure how to post to YouTube. Hahaha. Well done! Such a sweet machine. So excited! I’m being told mid December. hope that holds. You are definitely on early end!

Can‘t believe it is tight enough for automatic car wash. Very impressive!
Hope it gets to you soon at least with the closed cabin and heat you can ride it as soon as it get to you!

Thanks for posting the videos, they keep the rest of us occupied till we get ours. What mode were you in when driving on the trails, it sounded really quiet.
Standard mode
The sound quality in this machine is awesome so much more tolerable than any SBS I have been in before!

You will be so happy hope to see you sharing when you get yours!

Back