• 🔖 It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

Code 517826-9 code

Clubin

Oct 13, 2023
Out for a ride got this fault code come up.
IMG_4912.jpeg

My wrench is always on, I think someone said it had to do with the software flagging an oil change at 25 hours (like the 1000 XP) or so. Not sure if that's why yours is on but I'm thinking that's why mines been on.

Got back. Disconnected the battery and rehooked the battery fault code gone and no codes in diagnostics.

My dealer opened a case on Thursday. Never heard anything back from Polaris. Went for another ride it never did it again.

Hmm, I just crossed the 25 hour mark last night. I was expecting the wrench symbol to come on because of the 25 hour break in and it never did. Be curious to see what Polaris has to say.

Mine came on at 26hr
Weard thing is. The wrench isn’t always there. As soon as you press any of the buttons. Up/down/mode it disappears. And won’t come back. I’m sure it’ll be fixed with a software update.

Happened again on todays ride. Shutting it off and restarting it didn’t work. Shifting gets weard when the light comes on.

Attachments

• IMG_4975.png
    IMG_4975.png
    652.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4971.jpeg
    IMG_4971.jpeg
    594.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4972.jpeg
    IMG_4972.jpeg
    664.5 KB · Views: 6
shitty deal. Did you get stranded? Hopefully it’s nothing to major, and just a loose connection on a sensor or something. That happened to my truck after the transmission was rebuilt.

Not sure about you but think I’ll be getting the extended warranty available in first year up to 3 Not sure what my dash cost but think with all the new electronics it’ll be good investment

This machine was the first time I ever did an extended warranty on. And I did the max. Did the same with my wife’s new car. I had a co worker that had a new Escalade and the front entertainment screen, like swelled up and it cracked the glass. Supposedly it was due to heat and sun. But it cost him a few thousand to replace it. So, with the wife’s car I asked how much to replace that and they said it was over $3K. Less than the full extended warranty. Plus this machine is the first year of it. I usually never buy the first year, but couldn’t wait until the second generation.

Not sure about you but think I’ll be getting the extended warranty available in first year up to 3 Not sure what my dash cost but think with all the new electronics it’ll be good investment
I got the 5 year with mine.

shitty deal. Did you get stranded? Hopefully it’s nothing to major, and just a loose connection on a sensor or something. That happened to my truck after the transmission was rebuilt.
No, it changes the shifting when the engine light is on but still works.

Mine has thrown this exact code. When it did, the machine lost all power and would not go over 5mph. Turned it off and back on, light went off and reset itself. Everything was fine at that point. I was thinking it might have been the transmission torque converter acting crazy due to the 37’s.. not sure. Took it on another ride a week later and it would not climb a small hill once the wheels slipped it basically stalled out. Curious to hear what the dealer says to you, I haven’t contacted the dealer about mine.

Just called my dealer. Still no reply from Polaris. Just went for another ride up and down the driveway. Fault is gone and check engine light is off.

Ok. So is this my problem? I’ve had a seatbelt bypass plugged in since day 1.

I can’t comfirm if it’s true or not. But apparently the ecu needs to see the belt plugged in and then unplugged accordingly for each start and stop sequence?

Does this sound stupid to any one else?

Back