• 🔖 It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

Cold air around door handles

Jay B

Oct 14, 2023
I've seen a few comments about cold air coming in around the door handles. Mine had quite a bit of cold air coming in, easy to feel because it's only 7 degrees. I figured it had to be coming in from the void around the door catches. I stuffed them full of paper towels with a screwdriver and sure enough it cut it down to near zero. I need to come up with a more elegant solution but this works for now.

Attachments

• 20240111_143629.jpg
    20240111_143629.jpg
    375.1 KB · Views: 11
Let us know if you come up with a foam cutout or some permanent solution. I had not really noticed due to mild weather until the last week in Utah, but now it’s cold I can feel air. Now it is noticeably cold along door.

Let us know if you come up with a foam cutout or some permanent solution. I had not really noticed due to mild weather until the last week in Utah, but now it’s cold I can feel air. Now it is noticeably cold along door.
This is what I used, mostly because it was the right width and I had it in the cabinet. Any type of weather stripping or foam wide and long enough should work. I made it about 1" longer each way and notched out the middle for the latch. I fitted the latch notch first then pushed the gasket down below the opening then above it. Then snapped the cover back in place. Cover is easy to remove using a small screwdriver at the top and bottom.

Attachments

• IMG_9316.JPG
    IMG_9316.JPG
    621.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_9315.JPG
    IMG_9315.JPG
    443.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_9317.JPG
    IMG_9317.JPG
    900.2 KB · Views: 15
This is what I used, mostly because it was the right width and I had it in the cabinet. Any type of weather stripping or foam wide and long enough should work. I made it about 1" longer each way and notched out the middle for the latch. I fitted the latch notch first then pushed the gasket down below the opening then above it. Then snapped the cover back in place. Cover is easy to remove using a small screwdriver at the top and bottom.
Smart. I like it. Will do it.

I did this right away because of your post. But still feel air around the interior door handle.

I get air in around my steering column as well, I put my hand where it gaps the dash and can definitely feel it. I have not looked into it to see where it might be coming from. Maybe something I'll check out this weekend.

Back