• 🔖 It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

Dark mode on ride command

jkelly2k

Jan 30, 2024
During the daytime hours like driving into the sun. The gauges and screen will be bright. Turn away from sun it goes to dem. I’ve got the setting set to bright not on auto. When you pull up the settings and the gauges and screen is dem it says dark mode active. How to turn this off where it’s bright all the time? Or where is sensor to wire around? All windows are tented even the front.

During the daytime hours like driving into the sun. The gauges and screen will be bright. Turn away from sun it goes to dem. I’ve got the setting set to bright not on auto. When you pull up the settings and the gauges and screen is dem it says dark mode active. How to turn this off where it’s bright all the time? Or where is sensor to wire around? All windows are tented even the front.
I just keep the halo lights on that keeps the gauge and screen light bright all the time

Mine has the same issue. I’ve contacted my dealer and he identified the same issue with the one he has at the dealership. This isn’t how it should operate. No matter what settings I put in the ride command it switches back and forth all day long from dark to light mode. The higher percentage of time it’s in dark mode active. The service tech thinks that there maybe a software update that will fix the issue. I’m still waiting to hear back from them.

If you turn on the driving lights will it stay bright all the time. My dash lights do this to I don’t have ride command. I turn on the driving lights it’s bright all the time.

Yes it does. They asked me to try that originally. So while waiting for the problem to be fixed you can run it this way to see dashlights and ride command easier.

When it is in light mode you can uncheck the automatic checkbox to run in light mode manually but after awhile it losses the setting and goes back to automatic and starts switching back and forth on its own again.

I don't really notice it because I drive with my lights on all the time. In Iowa you must have them on when driving on the road.

Back