• 🔖 It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

Diff lock lights confusing

larryb

Feb 10, 2024
East TN
The red lights on the differential switches go on and off opposite of each other.
The rear diff red switch lightis on when showing off on the dash diagram but goes off when dash diagram shows diff is locked.
Front diff switch light is off when dash diagram shows front unlocked but light up when dash diagram shows locked.

Am I missing something here?

Last edited:
i find my diff lock lights on the switch confusing.
It’s ass backwards for sure. IMO, lock should be off when not lit and on when it is lit. You’ll get used to it, but it is opposite of expected. Ironically, 4 wheel lock is logically correct. Dumb!

Yes, using the dash diagram would be an easy way to see what’s on and off. Design is not intuitive. It’s opposite of what you think it should be. Use dash and you really will get used to it.

It's really hard to rationalize why anybody at Polaris thought it made sense to set it up this way, it is completely backwards from how it should be. I think almost every motor journalist that reviewed the XD before the launch commented on it. I hate it so much I wondered if I could reverse the wires on the switch to make it work the way a normal person thinks it should.

Back