• 🔖 It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

DIY pre cut tint

Clubin

Oct 13, 2023

Received this today. I’ll install it when I get the ranger.

I bought the kit from them as well. Windshield tint cut was bad, it "mostly" fit but still had to trim much of it. I used their windshield outer armor and that was ten times worse, wasn't the right cut at all. I didn't even try the side or rear windows after that.

I bought the kit from them as well. Windshield tint cut was bad, it "mostly" fit but still had to trim much of it. I used their windshield outer armor and that was ten times worse, wasn't the right cut at all. I didn't even try the side or rear windows after that.
Oh damn. I hope my experience is better. Ive done precut tint install before not cro These guys though.

I’d like to do a kit, but am hesitant. Hopefully after Onetonblazer they figured it out. Let us know how it goes Clubin!

Had a local tint shop do mine, the pricing is outrageous. One shop quoted me $1,375.00 and I ended up getting it done for $795.00 at a different one. Still think that is ridiculous.

I was quoted 500 cad. But it’s not easy to get it to where it needs to be. Get a ride home then get another ride to go pick it up. Easier to do it myself.

I’m swinging by my local tint shop on Saturday with the new machine to have the tail lights tinted and get a quote on the side and rear windows. I’m sure they won’t be able to do those same day. But It’s easy for me to schedule and just wait. 10 Barrel brewing is across the street, so it’s a good excuse for some good beer and lunch. lol.

My area tint shop quoted $200 for the back window, I only have a 2 door and in Iowa you can't touch the driver/passenger windows or the windshield unless you want to get a ticket before they make you remove it.

My area tint shop quoted $200 for the back window, I only have a 2 door and in Iowa you can't touch the driver/passenger windows or the windshield unless you want to get a ticket before they make you remove it.
Racy the cops don’t bother SxS at all here in Manitoba. It’s a. “Offroad vehicle”.

we don’t have to worry about off road vehicles here either. We can’t technically drive them on the road. Out where I’m at which is rural we kind of get away with it, as long as we put an orange slow moving vehicle on the back of it.

we don’t have to worry about off road vehicles here either. We can’t technically drive them on the road. Out where I’m at which is rural we kind of get away with it, as long as we put an orange slow moving vehicle on the back of it.
We are allowed to be on the gravel roads Every second mile north to south and every second mile east to west. If we are part of the atv [email protected] which we are. Cops never bother us nobody knows which miles we are slowed to be on. lol.

Hmm, that’s one I’ve never heard. But similar to us. If I go out to the woods, I’m good. Any and all gravel roads, forest service roads, etc. we do have to have an off road permit. Only $10 and lasts 2 years. Visible from the back of the machine.

Hmm, that’s one I’ve never heard. But similar to us. If I go out to the woods, I’m good. Any and all gravel roads, forest service roads, etc. we do have to have an off road permit. Only $10 and lasts 2 years. Visible from the back of the machine.
We need to be plated like a vehicle. Insurance is optional. A plate is $15 a year.

Racy the cops don’t bother SxS at all here in Manitoba. It’s a. “Offroad vehicle”.
It is an "Offroad Vehicle" for sure but in Iowa you can drive them almost anywhere except a 4-lane divided highway. So, when it comes to window tint you have to follow the state law. Now if you don't want to drive it on the road you can do whatever you want, and nobody would care. We run a lot of gravel and paved roads, drive it to town all the time for events and such. The last thing I want to do is give a cop a reason to pull me over to talk about my window tint so I follow the law.

Tint went on super easy. But! But! Look at how the tint is cut. Both front and back windows are like this. Ok when they are up but down they look stupid!

This is 30%

image.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_3601.jpeg

Definitely went a little far on edge to keep from peeling. Price is right. Would you do it again knowing it was cut so much? I don’t really roll windows down all that often so trying to decide if I care.

By the way, you don’t waste any time! Looks like you have it all installed already! Kid at Christmas right! 😂😂😂 looks so awesome!!

It looks great when the windows are up, but it would bother me to look that way when they are partially open. In my opinion they owe you new ones.

Yes not happy. I sent them a email. See what they say.

Yes everything is done.

Back