• đź”– It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

Front camera, rear power

Davejf

Feb 9, 2024
Just picked mine up, no front camera, thought that was part of the deal ?
Rear aux power , they say I have to buy a harness for that ?
Is this right ?
Thanks, dave

Is this right ?
Thanks, dave
There is no front camera. I think it’s ridiculous They didn’t put one on the machine, but so be it. You can purchase one and install it. If you end up putting the brush guard on the front it would block a lot of the view of the camera. I think Red might’ve put one on his, but not positive. The rear aux power is in the bed and yes, if you want to plug something in then it needs to have some kind of a harness or long enough cord to reach up into the bed for it. You could easily make a little harness for it.

Is this right ?
Thanks, dave
Literally just received my front camera kit in the mail today. At the price point of these machines you’d think it would be standard to come with a front camera like previous models!

There is no front camera. I think it’s ridiculous They didn’t put one on the machine, but so be it. You can purchase one and install it. If you end up putting the brush guard on the front it would block a lot of the view of the camera. I think Red might’ve put one on his, but not positive. The rear aux power is in the bed and yes, if you want to plug something in then it needs to have some kind of a harness or long enough cord to reach up into the bed for it. You could easily make a little harness for it.
In the bed, the power outlet is configured like a battery tender charging port , is this correct ? I thought it would be like a cigarette lighter outlet ?

Correct.

I think the method to that madness is having a cigarette lighter hole is prone to filling up with junk. The smaller little connection is probably easier to keep clean. At least that’s my opinion.

I have a bunch of little tender wires because when you buy them, they come with a couple of different ways to hook it to a battery. So if you have anything like that, you could simply use it to become an extender and wire whatever you need on the other end of it.

Could probably also plug your tender into that port, and have it keep your battery topped off as well. The one in the front is pretty handy though. I am a big fan of tenders. If I use them my batteries last at least twice as long.

Is this right ?
Thanks, dave
The front camera is not standard like it is with the XP 1000 Ultimate, just Polaris' way of pissing off customers who buy their top of the line models. They did this in 2021 when they quit including the winch remotes, they later reversed that decision because so many customers complained. I think the camera list for $125, it's an easy install and works great. If your machine has the rear aux power there should be no harness to buy, but you do have to turn on the switch in the cab to get power out of it. If you're talking about what you plug into your bed that's up to you. You can buy a plug and wire kit off Amazon and configure any type of plug you would like; they might even sell one that has a cigarette plug on the end.

Could probably also plug your tender into that port, and have it keep your battery topped off as well. The one in the front is pretty handy though. I am a big fan of tenders. If I use them my batteries last at least twice as long.
Thanks ! In the manual it says the rear port is not meant for a tender, but it has that type of connection

The front camera is not standard like it is with the XP 1000 Ultimate, just Polaris' way of pissing off customers who buy their top of the line models. They did this in 2021 when they quit including the winch remotes, they later reversed that decision because so many customers complained. I think the camera list for $125, it's an easy install and works great. If your machine has the rear aux power there should be no harness to buy, but you do have to turn on the switch in the cab to get power out of it. If you're talking about what you plug into your bed that's up to you. You can buy a plug and wire kit off Amazon and configure any type of plug you would like; they might even sell one that has a cigarette plug on the end.
Oh, ok gotcha, thank you !
I wonder if you could plug something in there and end up with a/c power ?
We have an a/c powered pump to pump sap from buckets to tank, maybe I will have to buy a 12v pump

We have an a/c powered pump to pump sap from buckets to tank, maybe I will have to buy a 12v pump
yes, that’s what it’s for. There’s a switch that you turn it on and off with and you can use it for a sprayer or whatever you want to use.

Yes you can end up with A/C power, you just have to buy an inverter to convert DC to AC. There are plenty small ones available for around $50

Back