• 🔖 It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

Front camera

Iaroadmaster

Mar 2, 2024
Has anyone had any experience installing a front camera #2890856? If so, what opinions do you have on the install and function of the camera.

Has anyone had any experience installing a front camera #2890856? If so, what opinions do you have on the install and function of the camera.
I’ve installed it on mine. Super simple install, drill one hole and connect plug. Maybe takes 5 mins. However, I never use it. I only purchased it because I felt like the machine was lacking it.

I’ve installed it on mine. Super simple install, drill one hole and connect plug. Maybe takes 5 mins. However, I never use it. I only purchased it because I felt like the machine was lacking it.
Thanks, good to know.

Same here but I actually use mine for hooking up the snow plow and loading it on the trailer. It's as good if not better than the one in my XP and in my opinion worth the $100 or whatever it was.

I went with one just for loading into/onto a trailer. Tight quarters and having to Austin powers it to turn around, and snow plowing. Here’s what the view is…this is with the front brush guard attached as well. Probably a different view without it.

Attachments

• IMG_1771.jpeg
    IMG_1771.jpeg
    632.3 KB · Views: 2
Thanks for the replies….I was more interested in loading on the trailer and the view with the brush guard (Mr. C👍🏻). I have one on the way!

Your welcome! I should’ve mentioned, I do load mine in reverse when I’m on the flat bed (unless I use the trailerable cover), due to the cost of the front windshield, and back in the XP1000 days, there was a chance the roof could get blown off if front loaded. I’ve seen pictures of the results of that. But when loading in the enclosed, I definitely use the camera to position it right where I want it.

Thinking about putting a center mark on the trailer and then a plastic sheet with a reticle drawn on it that I can place over the Ride Command Screen, peel on and off with the camera on, so I can perfectly line up on my E Tracs as they are narrow and easy to get offline. A poor man's Norden Bomb sight. Know that will be overkill but something to play with. Will let you know how it works.

Your welcome! I should’ve mentioned, I do load mine in reverse when I’m on the flat bed (unless I use the trailerable cover), due to the cost of the front windshield, and back in the XP1000 days, there was a chance the roof could get blown off if front loaded. I’ve seen pictures of the results of that. But when loading in the enclosed, I definitely use the camera to position it right where I want it.
I have been running a Pro Fab Outdoors padded windshield cover and have been happy with it. Fast and easy to put on, available for the
XD, shipped fast (out of Wisconsin), $200.

Back