• đź”– It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

Hello From Florida đź‘‹

Kalon T

Jan 31, 2024
My name is Kalon. Made the switch over to Polaris from a long history of Can-am units in June of last year to a 2023 PRO R 4 Troy-Lee Designs. Fell in love with the machine! However, there are some cold rainy days here in Florida and the new Ranger XD 1500 Crew Northstar Ultimate was just my ticket to get the wife out riding in that type of weather, so an addition to the fleet is on the way. I was lucky enough to take over a gentleman’s spot that has been waiting for over 3 month's. The Ranger is currently showing built with an expected ship date of 2/6/24. Will be making some great content for YouTube once it arrives. Look forward to talking with you all and being part of the XD group!
IMG_9349.jpeg
IMG_8852.jpeg

My name is Kalon. Made the switch over to Polaris from a long history of Can-am units in June of last year to a 2023 PRO R 4 Troy-Lee Designs. Fell in love with the machine! However, there are some cold rainy days here in Florida and the new Ranger XD 1500 Crew Northstar Ultimate was just my ticket to get the wife out riding in that type of weather, so an addition to the fleet is on the way. I was lucky enough to take over a gentleman’s spot that has been waiting for over 3 month's. The Ranger is currently showing built with an expected ship date of 2/6/24. Will be making some great content for YouTube once it arrives. Look forward to talking with you all and being part of the XD group!View attachment 237View attachment 238
Welcome! Can’t wait to see what you do with your machine! Based on your Troy Lee, I’m guessing it will be impressive! My wife loves the machine and goes with me all the time. She is part of why I switched from xpedition, because I knew she would despise the noise. Guessing your wife will enjoy yours too. The XD is worlds ahead of any other similar function side by side I’ve been around. Smooth, quiet and SOLID. Also doesn’t hurt that mine is street legal and we use it all the time as a run around vehicle.

Last edited:
I have big plans for this machine, just waiting on parts to be released. The wife and I were fortunate enough to test drive the XD 1500 Crew Northstar Premium at a local dealership for about 30 mins and we both fell in love with it. She doesn’t ride in the Pro R due to how loud it is with a race exhaust. I was highly impressed with how quiet the cab is on the new XD 1500 compared to older XP models. It’s truly a night and day difference.

Last edited:
I have big plans for this machine, just waiting on parts to be released. The wife and I were fortunate enough to test drive the XD 1500 Crew Northstar Premium at a local dealership for about 30 mins and we both fell in love with it. She doesn’t ride in the Pro R due to how loud it is with a race exhaust. I was highly impressed with how quite the cab is on the new XD 1500 compared to older XP models. It’s truly a night and day difference.
Then you understand. Spend an hour or two and insulate tunnel and areas around it and it is even quieter. I assume it will also help with heat, but winter has made that hard to tell. Very easy to do. I am sure you know how hot the tunnel can get since you have a pro R. That rig gets so hot the cup holders boil your drinks. Pro R is a race car.

It will be great to see what you do and have even more input. Community is young, it growing by the day. I assume there will be a host of accessories and mods available as the months pass.

Thank you for that advise! I’ll definitely be looking into doing so. I’m hoping it’ll be here next week like you said. Will definitely post when it arrives!

Congrats Kalon on the new ride and I hope you enjoy it as much as we do. Happy wife happy life and my wife loves ours!! Going on a big Poker Run Saturday for charity expect over 100 SXS on the ride. Local cops seem to leave everyone alone on these events, I guess too many voters and influential people on the ride to piss them off. Now if you get stupid and ask for it that's a different story...........

Congrats Kalon on the new ride and I hope you enjoy it as much as we do. Happy wife happy life and my wife loves ours!! Going on a big Poker Run Saturday for charity expect over 100 SXS on the ride. Local cops seem to leave everyone alone on these events, I guess too many voters and influential people on the ride to piss them off. Now if you get stupid and ask for it that's a different story...........
Thank you! I’m looking forward to getting it home and starting a new adventure for sure!

Congrats and welcome to the forum! đź‘‹

Your Pro R looks wicked! I'm excited to see what you have in store for the new XD!

Congrats and welcome to the forum! đź‘‹

Your Pro R looks wicked! I'm excited to see what you have in store for the new XD!
Thank you! Looking forward to seeing what everyone has planned for their machines!

IMG_9393.jpeg

My unit arrived on Thursday, I picked it up yesterday evening! 👏 It’s calling for rain all weekend here, I’ll be posting more photos for you all soon as the weather clears!

Attachments

• IMG_9399.jpeg
    IMG_9399.jpeg
    848 KB · Views: 5
That is awesome! I hope you enjoy it as much as many of us have enjoyed ours! I kind of thought based on my experience and others, that would come late this week. Happy it came for you! That said, so far Polaris has been under promising and over delivering.

I can’t wait to see your mods! Based on your pro R , I am sure it’s going to be impressive! Post lots of pics! I think people are interested in seeing them in the real world

Last edited:
IMG_9404.jpeg

Took it on the first ride today! Machine is better than I expected. Rode for 3 hours in nasty mud and finished the ride clean enough to get dinner! Definitely a different world from the Pro R.

View attachment 311
Took it on the first ride today! Machine is better than I expected. Rode for 3 hours in nasty mud and finished the ride clean enough to get dinner! Definitely a different world from the Pro R.
Looks like a fun place to ride! Definitely some mud up underneath there! The question is, how did you take that picture? Either muck boots, or some wet feet and lower legs!

It really is an entirely different riding experience. It’s truly a small truck on steroids, in many respects. Very refined.

View attachment 311
Great photo! I'm glad to hear you had a great first outing! After getting some seat time in it what do you think your first modification will be?

Looks like a fun place to ride! Definitely some mud up underneath there! The question is, how did you take that picture? Either muck boots, or some wet feet and lower legs!

It really is an entirely different riding experience. It’s truly a small truck on steroids, in many respects. Very refined.
Luckily it’s 75° here. I had shorts and flip flops on, stepped out in the water to get the photos. The creek was a little chilly though! It’s a good spot to cool off in the summer time!

Back