• 🔖 It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

Hello

TomR

May 25, 2024
Our 2019 General 4 1000 was tired and needed a new transmission. We use it for Arizona and Colorado trail riding with some camping. While evaluating options for a failed transmission at a Polaris dealership the service manager noticed the RBO rack, Thumper Bumper and a bed load of equipment. He mentioned that I may be interested in a more capable machine for the loads and clearance I needed.

We purchased a Silver XD after learning of the wet steel belt and and stock ground clearance. The cost was as impressive as the features included with the machine!

I trailered to Michigan and have spent more time reading the manual and looking for turn signals and sliders than riding so far.

I look forward learning from the group and hope to contribute as I get some trail time .

Suggestions on side mirrors, sliders and turn signals will be appreciated. I am also interested in bed covers and or racks for cargo and camping items.

Hope you all are able to enjoy the Memorial Holiday a little more in Polaris Ranger XD .

Attachments

• IMG_9638.jpeg
    IMG_9638.jpeg
    629.6 KB · Views: 9
Welcome to the group TomR, looks like you have a nice toy hauler for traveling. Here are my suggestions for what you asked about above.
1. Mirrors - Polaris seems to be what most everyone has and are happy with them. Only problem is they may be out of stock.
2. Sliders - Many here have the Polaris sliders and are happy with them. They are much heavier than anything else Polaris has produced before and follow the lines of the machine well. Install is very easy as well. Thumper Fab has some available so you may want to look at them as well.
3. Turn Signals - I know of 3 options XTC, WD Electronics, and Ryco Moto. I have the Ryco Moto and am very pleased with it. The stalk is a little big and ugly, but it doesn't require any switches in the dash for a horn or hazards. The WD and XTC both have cleaner looking stalks but have other plusses and minuses. There is info on their websites and YouTube to help you decide which one works best for you.

Welcome to the group TomR, looks like you have a nice toy hauler for traveling. Here are my suggestions for what you asked about above.
1. Mirrors - Polaris seems to be what most everyone has and are happy with them. Only problem is they may be out of stock.
2. Sliders - Many here have the Polaris sliders and are happy with them. They are much heavier than anything else Polaris has produced before and follow the lines of the machine well. Install is very easy as well. Thumper Fab has some available so you may want to look at them as well.
3. Turn Signals - I know of 3 options XTC, WD Electronics, and Ryco Moto. I have the Ryco Moto and am very pleased with it. The stalk is a little big and ugly, but it doesn't require any switches in the dash for a horn or hazards. The WD and XTC both have cleaner looking stalks but have other plusses and minuses. There is info on their websites and YouTube to help you decide which one works best for you.
Thank you for the suggestions. I had Polaris sliders on our General however they did not hold up in AZ. I had significant wear on the rockers and lower doors. The clearance was much less and the crew version high centered often. The clearance on the Ranger will be appreciated.

I will look at the signal options as mentioned.

Yes, we have a great transport trailer. It is 16’ Legend with a gull wing hatch door The access to the SxS is very functional especially with the reversed door on the Ranger. When not in use the trailer makes a great garage wherever we layover.

Attachments

• IMG_9456.jpeg
    IMG_9456.jpeg
    664.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_9546.jpeg
    IMG_9546.jpeg
    746.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_9467.jpeg
    IMG_9467.jpeg
    548.2 KB · Views: 5
Back