• šŸ”– It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

KM3s

Jay B

Oct 14, 2023
1000001120.jpg
Got my new wheels and tires on today. Brand new RZR Pro R take off rims with 1.25 inch satv spacers and 32x10x15 KM3 tires. I've got a turn signal kit coming and then I'm done spending money on this thing for a while.

View attachment 372Got my new wheels and tires on today. Brand new RZR Pro R take off rims with 1.25 inch satv spacers and 32x10x15 KM3 tires. I've got a turn signal kit coming and then I'm done spending money on this thing for a while.
Looks so great! Game changer. The XD really needs 32 inch tires IMO. You will love the KM3ā€™s. Mine made the machine quieter, it rides better and performance overall is terrific. I am super impressed and glad others on forums had such good things to say. That gave me comfort level that they were worth cost. Also, after 500 miles I canā€™t see a bit of wear and I have about 1/3 of those miles on pavement.

Iā€™m spent out too! itā€™s been fun, but I am done for awhile too. Maybe down the road Fox shocks if Kalon and others have great reviews.

I really like KM3s also. Pretty quiet and do everything I need them to do. I had around 4500 miles on my old set and they had tons of miles left in them.

Good looking set-up for sure. Be careful about saying you're done spending money......we all know how that goes. I told the wife I didn't need a new trailer to haul the XD (and I technically didn't) but I traded mine off and brought a new one home a few weeks ago. I also said I didn't need more lights on this one, but I have 3 sets sitting on my workbench right now trying to decide which one is going on. Sometimes you just gotta have it!

Good looking set-up for sure. Be careful about saying you're done spending money......we all know how that goes. I told the wife I didn't need a new trailer to haul the XD (and I technically didn't) but I traded mine off and brought a new one home a few weeks ago. I also said I didn't need more lights on this one, but I have 3 sets sitting on my workbench right now trying to decide which one is going on. Sometimes you just gotta have it!
Hahahaā€¦truer words, never spoken!

Yep you're right. I should have said for now. Of course I still haven't ordered my light bar so I guess I'm not done yet!

Well, I got my lightbar on this morning so I should be done for a while. All this tire talk has got me looking at tires and rims. I'm fairly sure I would go with 32" KM3's but I haven't found a rim I like yet. I don't need or want a bead lock so that limits my options. I also want some machining on the wheel, I don't want all black. I actually kind of like my stock rims..........does anyone know if they are 7" rims on all for corners?

Thanks Jay! I might need to let the better half get over the trailer before I order tires, so I have a little time to look for rims as well.
You could put them on your current rims if you didnā€™t want to spend that extra money. I love the KM3.

You could put them on your current rims if you didnā€™t want to spend that extra money. I love the KM3.
I'm willing to spend the money on new rims, I just haven't found a pair that I like better than the stock rims yet. I know most people like the all black look but I want something to contrast with the black to make it stand out a little bit. I'm sure it's out there I just have to do a little research.

I'm willing to spend the money on new rims, I just haven't found a pair that I like better than the stock rims yet. I know most people like the all black look but I want something to contrast with the black to make it stand out a little bit. I'm sure it's out there I just have to do a little research.
Love the look of the km3.

I'm not sure this is the rim I'm going with, but it is a contender and in the running. I'm for sure doing the BFG KM3's they are the right tire for what I do.
msa_offroad_m51_thunderlips_wheel545_gloss_black_machined_750x750.jpg

Hello all need a little advice. I want to put 32ā€™s on and donā€˜t have any idea of what tire. This machine will be used for 95% off road. 75% of that will be in steep rugged high desert country in winter. The other 25% will be at faster speeds on gravel roads. Think chukar hunting rig. Not worried about looks in the slightest but the best tire for this use. Please help a noob. Thanks.

When you guys are running truck tires are you airing them down to low psi? I usually do in my jeep to the 15 psi range. Just curious SXS is similar.

I put some balance beads in mine and smoother it out even more.
Hey, what wheels are you running? I like the look of those. Iā€™ve been looking around for a wheel that I really like and havenā€™t found anything yet.

Hello all need a little advice. I want to put 32ā€™s on and donā€˜t have any idea of what tire. This machine will be used for 95% off road. 75% of that will be in steep rugged high desert country in winter. The other 25% will be at faster speeds on gravel roads. Think chukar hunting rig. Not worried about looks in the slightest but the best tire for this use. Please help a noob. Thanks.

When you guys are running truck tires are you airing them down to low psi? I usually do in my jeep to the 15 psi range. Just curious SXS is similar.
There are many here who can give you some great advice. Iā€™m not that person, but I will say the KM3 is an awesome all around tire, but not aggressive. I would assume for your purposes, you would want something with more grip and traction. For the gravel, KM3ā€™s are perfect and very quiet. Ironically that tire noise is noticed with this quiet machine. Good call on 32ā€™s. So much better and easy clearance.

Not sure about other state requirements for street legal tires if one was to go that route. I run these on my machine for just about every type of off-road terrain imaginable! They have been excellent and I would highly recommend them for the type of riding you described. I run them with a set of 15" beadlock wheels and air them down to around 10-12 PSI.

Back