• 🔖 It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

KM3s

Jay B

Member
Oct 14, 2023
48
41
1000001120.jpg
Got my new wheels and tires on today. Brand new RZR Pro R take off rims with 1.25 inch satv spacers and 32x10x15 KM3 tires. I've got a turn signal kit coming and then I'm done spending money on this thing for a while.
 
View attachment 372Got my new wheels and tires on today. Brand new RZR Pro R take off rims with 1.25 inch satv spacers and 32x10x15 KM3 tires. I've got a turn signal kit coming and then I'm done spending money on this thing for a while.
Looks so great! Game changer. The XD really needs 32 inch tires IMO. You will love the KM3’s. Mine made the machine quieter, it rides better and performance overall is terrific. I am super impressed and glad others on forums had such good things to say. That gave me comfort level that they were worth cost. Also, after 500 miles I can’t see a bit of wear and I have about 1/3 of those miles on pavement.

I’m spent out too! it’s been fun, but I am done for awhile too. Maybe down the road Fox shocks if Kalon and others have great reviews.
 
I really like KM3s also. Pretty quiet and do everything I need them to do. I had around 4500 miles on my old set and they had tons of miles left in them.
 
Good looking set-up for sure. Be careful about saying you're done spending money......we all know how that goes. I told the wife I didn't need a new trailer to haul the XD (and I technically didn't) but I traded mine off and brought a new one home a few weeks ago. I also said I didn't need more lights on this one, but I have 3 sets sitting on my workbench right now trying to decide which one is going on. Sometimes you just gotta have it!
 
Good looking set-up for sure. Be careful about saying you're done spending money......we all know how that goes. I told the wife I didn't need a new trailer to haul the XD (and I technically didn't) but I traded mine off and brought a new one home a few weeks ago. I also said I didn't need more lights on this one, but I have 3 sets sitting on my workbench right now trying to decide which one is going on. Sometimes you just gotta have it!
Hahaha…truer words, never spoken!
 
Yep you're right. I should have said for now. Of course I still haven't ordered my light bar so I guess I'm not done yet!
 
Well, I got my lightbar on this morning so I should be done for a while. All this tire talk has got me looking at tires and rims. I'm fairly sure I would go with 32" KM3's but I haven't found a rim I like yet. I don't need or want a bead lock so that limits my options. I also want some machining on the wheel, I don't want all black. I actually kind of like my stock rims..........does anyone know if they are 7" rims on all for corners?
 
Thanks Jay! I might need to let the better half get over the trailer before I order tires, so I have a little time to look for rims as well.
You could put them on your current rims if you didn’t want to spend that extra money. I love the KM3.
 
You could put them on your current rims if you didn’t want to spend that extra money. I love the KM3.
I'm willing to spend the money on new rims, I just haven't found a pair that I like better than the stock rims yet. I know most people like the all black look but I want something to contrast with the black to make it stand out a little bit. I'm sure it's out there I just have to do a little research.
 
I'm willing to spend the money on new rims, I just haven't found a pair that I like better than the stock rims yet. I know most people like the all black look but I want something to contrast with the black to make it stand out a little bit. I'm sure it's out there I just have to do a little research.
Love the look of the km3.
 
I'm not sure this is the rim I'm going with, but it is a contender and in the running. I'm for sure doing the BFG KM3's they are the right tire for what I do.
msa_offroad_m51_thunderlips_wheel545_gloss_black_machined_750x750.jpg
 
Hello all need a little advice. I want to put 32’s on and don‘t have any idea of what tire. This machine will be used for 95% off road. 75% of that will be in steep rugged high desert country in winter. The other 25% will be at faster speeds on gravel roads. Think chukar hunting rig. Not worried about looks in the slightest but the best tire for this use. Please help a noob. Thanks.

When you guys are running truck tires are you airing them down to low psi? I usually do in my jeep to the 15 psi range. Just curious SXS is similar.
 
I put some balance beads in mine and smoother it out even more.
Hey, what wheels are you running? I like the look of those. I’ve been looking around for a wheel that I really like and haven’t found anything yet.
 
Hello all need a little advice. I want to put 32’s on and don‘t have any idea of what tire. This machine will be used for 95% off road. 75% of that will be in steep rugged high desert country in winter. The other 25% will be at faster speeds on gravel roads. Think chukar hunting rig. Not worried about looks in the slightest but the best tire for this use. Please help a noob. Thanks.

When you guys are running truck tires are you airing them down to low psi? I usually do in my jeep to the 15 psi range. Just curious SXS is similar.
There are many here who can give you some great advice. I’m not that person, but I will say the KM3 is an awesome all around tire, but not aggressive. I would assume for your purposes, you would want something with more grip and traction. For the gravel, KM3’s are perfect and very quiet. Ironically that tire noise is noticed with this quiet machine. Good call on 32’s. So much better and easy clearance.
 
Hello all need a little advice. I want to put 32’s on and don‘t have any idea of what tire. This machine will be used for 95% off road. 75% of that will be in steep rugged high desert country in winter. The other 25% will be at faster speeds on gravel roads. Think chukar hunting rig. Not worried about looks in the slightest but the best tire for this use. Please help a noob. Thanks.

When you guys are running truck tires are you airing them down to low psi? I usually do in my jeep to the 15 psi range. Just curious SXS is similar.
Not sure about other state requirements for street legal tires if one was to go that route. I run these on my machine for just about every type of off-road terrain imaginable! They have been excellent and I would highly recommend them for the type of riding you described. I run them with a set of 15" beadlock wheels and air them down to around 10-12 PSI.

 
Back
Top