• 🔖 It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

Nerf bars

Davejf

Feb 9, 2024
I see there are a few different manufacturers of steps/ nerf bars, any input as to what one to go with? Polaris, thumper fab ?
Thanks

I personally like and went with the Polaris ones, due to the fact that they fit nice and tight to the body. Material is thick and rigid. They’ll also protect what I want it to. I don’t like anything hanging down lower than it needs to be or stick out further. I don’t necessarily need a step to get in it, so that feature didn’t matter to me.

I agree with Mr. C. I have the Polaris and they are excellent. They are not in the way of anything, and will really just act as a slider and protector. Ranch armor has their step/slider as well. Looks like good stuff, but does stick out like running board.

I will say, I don’t have my machine yet, but at the time of my order, that was the best I could find. And I wrapped it all in one purchase. I’m hoping mine lands at the dealer by the end of the week.

I also went with the Polaris bar, it's heavier than anything they have made before. I'm also not a fan of bars sticking out from the machine, maybe you like that look but functionally I don't see how that would be any better. The factory bars are easy to install, solid, and follow the lines of the machine.

I also went with the Polaris bar, it's heavier than anything they have made before. I'm also not a fan of bars sticking out from the machine, maybe you like that look but functionally I don't see how that would be any better. The factory bars are easy to install, solid, and follow the lines of the machine.
Do they have a step at all on them ?

On the regular cab Dave they go around and extend the factory step about 1 1/2 "inches . I think Polaris is the nicest fit.

I just bumped the thread where I posted pics and we talked about this awhile back. That shows pretty well what they are. I am very happy with mine.

Back