• đź”– It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

New to the group

camonorth

Apr 30, 2024
First time ever getting on a thread, hopefully it's as helpful as it seems it could be. I hunt, trail ride, and occasionally work with my XD. Added mirrors, blinkers, tint, and a small light bar. The JBL upgrade is on backorder. I like the looks of the factory rims, but wondering if a aftermarket combo will improve rideability on roads (seems to kinda sway a little bit sometimes). Someone recommended 32" tires. Can I get the same size rim and tire on the front and back, so I can rotate like I do on my RZR. If so, what is recommended? Size, offset, etc. thanks for any recommendations in advance.
1000003116.jpg

Welcome to the group. There’s a lot of us running 32” tires. No need for a lift or A arm changes needed. You can run the same size tires and wheels front and back. That’s the main reason for me changing mine stocks out. That way it’s easier to carry a spare.

Welcome to the group. There’s a lot of us running 32” tires. No need for a lift or A arm changes needed. You can run the same size tires and wheels front and back. That’s the main reason for me changing mine stocks out. That way it’s easier to carry a spare.
Thanks. Do you know the rim size, and complete tire size? Also do they maintain the same vehicle height ? I can't go any taller, currently 1/2" clearance for my trailer. Lol

Welcome. Love the camo. Having all the tires the same allows for tire rotation. What you have there those tires will spend their whole life there.

Thanks. Do you know the rim size, and complete tire size? Also do they maintain the same vehicle height ? I can't go any taller, currently 1/2" clearance for my trailer. Lol
I stayed the same size in my wheels. I believe most of us are. Which is 15X7. If you go 2” bigger in tire diameter, you’ll be a little taller. If you’re wanting to have the possibility of rotating, you could check with your local Polaris dealer. Before I chose to change wheels and tires, I was going to get a set of new front take offs from customers that upgraded to different rims and tires.

If you like your factory rims use them. They are 15" X 7" the same on all 4 corners. The stock off set is 6 / 1, many aftermarket rims will run closer to a 4 / 3 and push your tires out from the machine. It gives the rim a deeper dish but also makes it easier to throw mud up the side of your machine. If you only have 1/2" of clearance going to a 32" tire is not an option for you. If you want a smooth-running tire, I recommend the BF Goodrich KM3's. I can run 65 mph and take my hands off the wheel, no shake or vibration like the stock tires had. Since you can't go taller your pretty much locked into a 30" tire. You can use the rims you have because even though the rear tires are wider the rims are not.

If you like your factory rims use them. They are 15" X 7" the same on all 4 corners. The stock off set is 6 / 1, many aftermarket rims will run closer to a 4 / 3 and push your tires out from the machine. It gives the rim a deeper dish but also makes it easier to throw mud up the side of your machine. If you only have 1/2" of clearance going to a 32" tire is not an option for you. If you want a smooth-running tire, I recommend the BF Goodrich KM3's. I can run 65 mph and take my hands off the wheel, no shake or vibration like the stock tires had. Since you can't go taller your pretty much locked into a 30" tire. You can use the rims you have because even though the rear tires are wider the rims are not.
Oh really? I assumed the rims were different. So what size km3's did you put on? My next problem is they keep pushing back the JBL 4200 upgrade kit. For $50k should have already been on it. Might have to build something custom if I gotta wait all summer.

Oh really? I assumed the rims were different. So what size km3's did you put on? My next problem is they keep pushing back the JBL 4200 upgrade kit. For $50k should have already been on it. Might have to build something custom if I gotta wait all summer.
The stock rims are 15" X 7" with a 6-1 offset on all 4 corners. The XP 1000's were different front to back but all 4 of these are the same. I put 32" KM3's on mine which like most 32" tires are 10" wide. If you want a real meaty, aggressive looking tire than these are not the tire for you. Don't get me wrong they are plenty aggressive for me and bite like hell, but don't look the part as much as some do. The great news is they ride super smooth and wear extremely well. Plenty of info on YouTube and elsewhere singing their praises. There is a thread talking about tires and wheels I'll try to find it and bump it.

Back