• đź”– It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

Plowing snow

Jay B

Oct 14, 2023
1000001059.jpg

Plowed some snow with the new ranger today. It works really well, the new transmission makes shuttling back and forth super easy. Tow/Haul is pretty much like low in the xp1000s.

I was told that there is a setting on ride command called plow mode that lifts plow up when you put in reverse and drops it when you put it in drive not sure if true havent got my buggy yet thats what dealer told me ?? Can someone look into this please

I was told that there is a setting on ride command called plow mode that lifts plow up when you put in reverse and drops it when you put it in drive not sure if true havent got my buggy yet thats what dealer told me ?? Can someone look into this please
Yes it has plow control I just set mine up today. Plow control also has a back drag mode, super simple to operate and with this new tranny it will be a plowing machine.

Just set my new 7' plow up this morning, this thing is a beast. For anyone wondering YES the XP 1000 Glacier Pro plow does fit the XD 1500. The kick stand on the plow frame needs a little boost to reach the XD but it most certainly will work as I hooked mine up to it today. The increased height of the XD also will change the pitch of the plow and how it sits when angled. Not perfect but should work just fine. This 1st picture is the new 7' plow after I put it together this morning. The next 2 pictures is my XP 1000 6" plow. Yes it looks new, bought it last fall and only used 2 times..........long story....anyone need a plow? Supposed to get around 12" on snow over the next day so the new plow is going to see more action in one day than my last one did since I bought it!

Attachments

• IMG_9297.JPG
    IMG_9297.JPG
    992.5 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_9305.JPG
    IMG_9305.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_9304.JPG
    IMG_9304.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 26
You guys are making me rethink using my tractor for snow removal. So nice on the XD!!

Just set my new 7' plow up this morning, this thing is a beast. For anyone wondering YES the XP 1000 Glacier Pro plow does fit the XD 1500. The kick stand on the plow frame needs a little boost to reach the XD but it most certainly will work as I hooked mine up to it today. The increased height of the XD also will change the pitch of the plow and how it sits when angled. Not perfect but should work just fine. This 1st picture is the new 7' plow after I put it together this morning. The next 2 pictures is my XP 1000 6" plow. Yes it looks new, bought it last fall and only used 2 times..........long story....anyone need a plow? Supposed to get around 12" on snow over the next day so the new plow is going to see more action in one day than my last one did since I bought it!
You say the plow off your xp1000 fits, my new 1500 arrived and the dealer told me my plow off my xp1000 ultimate would not work! That would save me a bunch of money if my old ne works! Also if I were to buy just the 84 inch plow that will bolt up to my old glacier plow frame is that correct! I understand the new 1500 is taller and the angle will be different and the kick stand height won’t be right but that’s not a big deal! I’ve had my 1500 and love it the shifting, ride, noise level big improvement!

You say the plow off your xp1000 fits, my new 1500 arrived and the dealer told me my plow off my xp1000 ultimate would not work! That would save me a bunch of money if my old ne works! Also if I were to buy just the 84 inch plow that will bolt up to my old glacier plow frame is that correct! I understand the new 1500 is taller and the angle will be different and the kick stand height won’t be right but that’s not a big deal! I’ve had my 1500 and love it the shifting, ride, noise level big improvement!
The second and third picture I posted above is my XP 1000 plow mounted on my 1500 XD, I have not pushed any snow with it but I'm sure it will work fine. I do NOT know if the new new 84" blade will bolt up to the XP frame correctly, it might but the width between the springs might be different, not sure. If you want an 84" plow just buy the extensions for your XP plow and you will have one. I'm sure the extensions are way cheaper that the $700 that the 84" blade cost. My advice is to try your XP 1000 plow before you drop over $2000 bucks for the new one.

The second and third picture I posted above is my XP 1000 plow mounted on my 1500 XD, I have not pushed any snow with it but I'm sure it will work fine. I do NOT know if the new new 84" blade will bolt up to the XP frame correctly, it might but the width between the springs might be different, not sure. If you want an 84" plow just buy the extensions for your XP plow and you will have one. I'm sure the extensions are way cheaper that the $700 that the 84" blade cost. My advice is to try your XP 1000 plow before you drop over $2000 bucks for the new one.
Thanks for the info didn’t know they had six inch extensions for each side and yes then wouldn’t have to buy expensive plow blade will be trying to see if it all fit in next couple hrs! Here in western Iowa we got about six inches between yesterday and last night!

I'm in Southeast Iowa and it's been snowing since last night.........some forecast say 12-13"

I'm in Southeast Iowa and it's been snowing since last night.........some forecast say 12-13"
Ended up about 10 inches and my plow off my 2022 xp1000 ultimate did fit on the 1500 and worked great the kick stand will need modifications but other wise it’s great will put extensions on my 72 inch plow and will have 84 inch plow with only 250.00 investment!

Ended up about 10 inches and my plow off my 2022 xp1000 ultimate did fit on the 1500 and worked great the kick stand will need modifications but other wise it’s great will put extensions on my 72 inch plow and will have 84 inch plow with only 250.00 investment!
Good for you, I'm glad it worked out. I'm using the new 1500 plow right now, I can say I like it and it works great. It is heavier which helps when back dragging snow. I'll post some picks later.

This new XD is a dream to plow with. The first pic is one pass down the driveway, the 2nd pic is the pile it pushed, the last pic is a lot I clear for my brother.

Attachments

• IMG_9312.JPG
    IMG_9312.JPG
    954.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_9311.JPG
    IMG_9311.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_9313.JPG
    IMG_9313.JPG
    672.6 KB · Views: 23
I hear ya. I'm from southeast South Dakota, up until a few days ago we were having a pretty mild winter. We are paying for it now though.

Ya....more plowing and snow blowing again today. It just keeps snowing and when it's not it's blowing and drifting. The good news is I sold my 6" Glacier Pro that I had for my XP 1000 this morning.

This isn't a new idea but I thought I would share. The only thing I didn't like about plowing snow with the 1500 (besides the fact that I had to do it at all) was that the winch moved in and out so fast that it was hard to find just the right height for the plow. This cuts the speed in half making it much easier to control depth. The cross bar on the bumper looks pretty sturdy but I will be keeping an eye on it so it doesn't get screwed up.
1000001074.jpg

Good ideal! I have seen several similar set-ups. I would think the top bar should handle the load.... it's fairly beefy and Polaris made sure to use enough bolts.

Back