• đź”– It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

Ranger71- New to Group- Questions?

Ranger71

Feb 15, 2024
Hey guys, I'm new to group and am picking up my rig this next week. I have a 4 door Northstar Ultimate arriving. I have had 4 previous Rangers.. 900, 1000 XP, latest was Big Game Edition 2 door in Camo with ADC. I have decided to go against my logic of a small off road rig as its stuffed with my family on hunts (wife, son and I) . I have the 4 door coming arriving. This should be more comfortable and allow way more room for 3 and now 4 people at times, just going to take some getting used to in tight areas and may have to do a bit more walking! I have a few concerns and questions and would like help.

1. New units do not have ADC, how are they for traversing down steep incline with loose rock or dirt. Often haul out ELK in bed down some steep area's and ADC was great and much safer for us.
2. I want a larger tire than 30inch- I like the Valor/Alpha 32 set up, but not sure if I want the rig wider. Going through some gates in hunting area's our 2021 XP had about 1.5 inches on each side..... how much wider are the Valor wheels offset than stock- I asked Valor and still no answer - 1 month.
3. Does anyone have thoughts and pictures of putting 32 or 33 inch on stock rim? Are all rims same width and offset on new XD 1500?
4. Gun Rack, I sold my rig and sold it with Kolpin double gun boot, but kept my Stonghold XL cases. I thought the XD 1500 rail system required the "new" rail across... am I mistaken? Is the new rail a better mount that the previous? Do you have to use the new rail? I saw a picture of someone using the Kolpin I think?
5. Floor mats ?

Thank you!

I attached a pic of the valor set up, wheels and tires. I like the looks of my tires sticking out just a bit, so for me it’s the perfect look. You can use the factory wheels if you want. Same exact size on all 4 corners (15x7) same as the valors. With the valors you will stick out a little wider, but not much. You can see in my pic. I don’t think it’s much gain to go to a 33” in my opinion. Can’t help much with the ADC or rifle mount question. I do know I’ve gone down some steep muddy/gravel stuff, and in 4WD/tow haul mode, I was fine.
IMG_1829.jpeg

Welcome to the group Ranger 71.
1. While it may not be called "Hill decent control" the 1500 absolutely has something similar to it. If you drive up a hill and take your foot off the gas it will hold you in place without braking, it also slows you down going down hills without braking. This varies by mode so you will have to experiment.
2-3. If you don't want the machine wider and you really only have about 1.5" on each side to get through a gate don't buy any rim different than a 6/1 same as the stock rim. Yes, the XD rims are the same on all four corners. The XD is supposed to be the same width as the XP so you won't want a rim with a different offset. My rims pushed each corner out 2.11" which made it 4.22" wider! Use the stock rims with 32" Alpha's and you should be happy.
4. I've seen a picture with the new mounting system for Kolpin gun boots, but I don't know much about them. It should be easy to find if you google it.
5. No one is offering much for floor mats yet; I'm wanting a Weather Tech style floor liner and haven't been able to find one. There's a company in Osage Beach that makes custom mats for the XD but they are expensive and just a mat not a floor liner. Search this site and you will find the info and pics.

I attached a pic of the valor set up, wheels and tires. I like the looks of my tires sticking out just a bit, so for me it’s the perfect look. You can use the factory wheels if you want. Same exact size on all 4 corners (15x7) same as the valors. With the valors you will stick out a little wider, but not much. You can see in my pic. I don’t think it’s much gain to go to a 33” in my opinion. Can’t help much with the ADC or rifle mount question. I do know I’ve gone down some steep muddy/gravel stuff, and in 4WD/tow haul mode, I was fine.

Thank you! How do you like the rear winch? I was deciding between Polaris and Thunper fab. The new Polaris looks very large.

I haven’t used the Polaris winch yet on the headache rack. I have used the warn winch on the thumper fab bumper. But only for pulling broken limbs from trees around the property. The Polaris one is bigger than it should be to me, anyways.

Back