• 🔖 It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

Rear brush guard

Bear

Jan 8, 2024
Want to know if anyone has bought and installed one! Do they just go over the plastic cover that is already on the tail gate and is it fairly strong. Like the way it looks in pictures and the box will go all the way up plus as I get old want a little protection when backing up!

Want to know if anyone has bought and installed one! Do they just go over the plastic cover that is already on the tail gate and is it fairly strong. Like the way it looks in pictures and the box will go all the way up plus as I get old want a little protection when backing up!
I installed one. It is nice because when the tailgate goes down or when the bed dumps, it’s all part of the bed/tailgate. I’m not sure that it’s going to really protect a lot because it is so high. A lower tailgate will be a problem though because of the dumping bed. I’m sure somebody will come up with some thing, but it’s gonna be a little challenging to have it sit far enough out to do a lot of good while still allowing the bed to dump. Because of the way I batched things with Polaris with December discounts, it was sort of “free”. Very easy to install and actually looks good. I am happy I got it and no regrets.

To answer your question, yes, it goes over the plastic that is already on the tailgate. It does go around the side a little bit as well. It is fairly solid steel. Similar to front bumper as far as gauge of material. The white Polaris logo is a decal that you adhere to the bumper.

Attachments

• IMG_2442.jpeg
    IMG_2442.jpeg
    751.5 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
I should also note, that it does make the tailgate noticeably heavier. Not that that’s a problem but the tailgate definitely comes down harder if you just release it and let it drop and is a bit heavier when you lift it back up. Not a big deal but it does have some impact.

I should also note, that it does make the tailgate noticeably heavier. Not that that’s a problem but the tailgate definitely comes down harder if you just release it and let it drop and is a bit heavier when you lift it back up. Not a big deal but it does have some impact.
Thanks for the info!

I ordered the bumper, fab heavy duty rear bumper. They say it reduces bed tilt by 10%. Once I get it installed, I’ll take a couple pictures before and after showing the reduction in tilt.

That’d be great Carolina. I’m having the Polaris rear bumper installed when it comes in. But was also wanting the thumper fab bumper as well for a lower rear winch location and better protection. Can’t wait to see the difference.

Back