• 🔖 It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

Rear shocks in outward mounts

Mr.C

Feb 11, 2024
Has anyone relocated the rear shocks to outward position yet? If so how much change in ride height did you see? Noticed mine with the accessories and a bed with a cooler and some gear it seems to sit a little lower than the front. Just curious to know if it’s going to raise it a bunch or just a tad before I go and do it. Thanks!

Ya, I was hoping to not change the pre load any yet at this time. I think I might just move them to the outward position and see what it looks like and measured at. If it’s to much then, I’ll move them back and adjust the pre load.

For what it's worth I moved my shocks out on my last 2 Ranger XP 1000's and regretted it. The first one I did it right away and always thought the machine rode rough. The second one I drove it a while before I moved them and could tell a big difference when I did. I didn't care for the ride, so I moved them back. I don't remember for sure, but I think I gained about an inch in ride height. One way to know for sure is just to give it a try, easy to undo if you don't like it.

Has anyone relocated the rear shocks to outward position yet? If so how much change in ride height did you see? Noticed mine with the accessories and a bed with a cooler and some gear it seems to sit a little lower than the front. Just curious to know if it’s going to raise it a bunch or just a tad before I go and do it. Thanks!
Subd. I’m curious.

Ya I did it to my previous xp, but also did it at the same time I did a 3” lift, offset and arched A arms, and 30” tires. So not sure how much of a difference it made. Maybe I’ll just swap them to the outside tonight, if time allows.

Just finished moving the rear shocks to the outer mounting holes. Jumped up and down in the bed and took it for a quick spin around the property and through a big deep hole. Re measured in the same spot I was parked at before. I’m seeing a total of 3/4” at the back of the rock sliders, and about 7/8” of an inch at the rear bumper. Can’t say much yet about the ride difference. But I do like the stance better. It’s just a tad taller again in the rear.

Back