• 🔖 It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

Trail Limits And The New Ranger XD 1500

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2023
The new Ranger XD 1500 is big and I got me wondering if it's technically too big for some trails? I think I remember hearing about some Wisconsin trail systems that limit vehicles to less than 3,000 lbs? I just looked up a fully loaded Ranger XD 1500 NorthStar Ultimate 6-seater and the dry weight is 3,323 lbs! I had to look at that number a couple of times just to make sure it was correct haha! I'm going to guess that most people would just look at it as a UTV and not realize how heavy it actually is. I know a lot of trails are limited by width so any trail with a width limit of 64 inches or higher should be fine.

Last edited:
Minnesota has 2000 lbs, 64” and 1000 cc For class 2 trails. Curious how this is going to play out. Would be disappointed after shelling out major capital and not receiving class 2 trail permit.

Minnesota has 2000 lbs, 64” and 1000 cc For class 2 trails. Curious how this is going to play out. Would be disappointed after shelling out major capital and not receiving class 2 trail permit.
Let us know if you run into any problems! I'm sure other owners will want to know in the future as well.

My dealer checked if there would be a problem here in Iowa with it being over a 1000 cc's. The response was no limit on weight, cc's, or size to be legal to register to drive on the public roads. That said the State UTV Parks all follow the 1000 cc. 2000 lb. rules so it will not be welcome there. The state parks make you wear helmets and don't allow booze so I'm not interested in them anyway.

Back