• 🔖 It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

Transmission fluid and filter change

Rocklong

Jan 16, 2024
Has anyone done this to there 1500 yet? I see the transmission filter is $200 and the oil is about $34 a quart. I think when it comes time to do mine in a couple thousand more miles I will drain and keep all the oil and measure how much I took out and just put that amount back in. Looks like quite a process to check the fluid level. A simple dipstick would have been nice

Has anyone done this to there 1500 yet? I see the transmission filter is $200 and the oil is about $34 a quart. I think when it comes time to do mine in a couple thousand more miles I will drain and keep all the oil and measure how much I took out and just put that amount back in. Looks like quite a process to check the fluid level. A simple dipstick would have been nice
I’m going to leave that up to my dealer.

My dealer knows nothing about this new machine. I had it in last week for a warrantied shock and it took them 4 hours to change a shock. They said they didn’t get the tool from Polaris to compress the spring. Wtf. It will throw a random code every so often and they had no way of looking up codes or anything to hook up to it to read codes. They said Polaris hasn’t sent them anything to hook up to these machines either.

Reactions: JCX
My dealer knows nothing about this new machine. I had it in last week for a warrantied shock and it took them 4 hours to change a shock. They said they didn’t get the tool from Polaris to compress the spring. Wtf. It will throw a random code every so often and they had no way of looking up codes or anything to hook up to it to read codes. They said Polaris hasn’t sent them anything to hook up to these machines either.
That’s true for my dealer too. I think
I agree with you. I’ll educate myself and just get it done. There are enough of us here we will figure it out.

Reactions: JCX
Ya pretty simple really. I’ve done several fluid and filters over the years.

Back