• 🔖 It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

Turn Signal Kit

Big Red

Sep 27, 2023
Has anyone put on a Turn Signal Kit yet? If so what brand is it? So far the only one I see available it the one from WD Electronics. I watched an install video of it yesterday and it looked rather involved. Not so much difficult but more time consuming than it should be for turn signals.

Has anyone put on a Turn Signal Kit yet? If so what brand is it? So far the only one I see available it the one from WD Electronics. I watched an install video of it yesterday and it looked rather involved. Not so much difficult but more time consuming than it should be for turn signals.
Dealer did mine so am no help. I know they had the entire dash apart, because they were putting it back together when I picked machine up. I also know they had some issue of it throwing error codes. They figured out they had to disable a brake light feature that pulses the light or something like that. Not entirely sure what that was. They charged me $750 for street legal, which included mirrors, horn and signals etc. I had to do it at that time so it could be registered street legal. I figured it was money well spent.

Last edited:
Pics of what they installed.

Attachments

• IMG_2508.jpeg
    IMG_2508.jpeg
    726.8 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2509.jpeg
    IMG_2509.jpeg
    501.9 KB · Views: 20
Pics of what they installed.
My dealer said they have 2 kits available, 1 was the WD Electronics and the other was Ryco Moto like yours. How did they attach the switch lever to the steering column and what did they use for the front blinkers?

My dealer said they have 2 kits available, 1 was the WD Electronics and the other was Ryco Moto like yours. How did they attach the switch lever to the steering column and what did they use for the front blinkers?
I am not with my Ranger currently. At my City house. Ranger is also at dealer until Wednesday getting new hood piece that had a little bubble and chip in paint along the edge.

There’s a bracket that they installed on the column, but I’m not exactly sure how it’s attached. Screwed in there somehow and it’s not obvious and is solid. Doesn’t move at all. I’ve seen people that attach them with a worm drive clamp or something like that and it’s not done that way. It is screwed to column, but can’t see screws. Looks like it’s part of column, minus the wire harness that runs along it into dash, and that doesn’t look bad. They put three round lights on each side of front for the driving light/blinkers. Drilled small holes and inserted them. There is a blinker light on the dash gauges from factory that shows either left or right when blinking. Just like a normal vehicle. Horn is on lever and push it to honk. I will see if I can find a pic and blow it up.

Last edited:
The mounting bracket is circled. The arrow is where I think it goes between the two column trim pieces and is bolted to column somewhere and then trim reinstalled hiding it
IMG_2508.jpeg

I do like the WD electronics blinker/running light better than 3 lights, but I like the horn on the lever of the Ryco better than rocker switch horn on WD. It really didn’t matter to me ultimately. I just went with what they had. I’m also guessing WD would have cost me more than the $750 for kit, installation and factory mirrors. I’m sure WD has hazard, but not sure how that works with their system. I will likely never use it, but just have to pull red handle out on Ryco lever. Required for street legal.

Last edited:
I do like the WD electronics blinker/running light better than 3 lights, but I like the horn on the lever of the Ryco better than rocker switch horn on WD. It really didn’t matter to me ultimately. I just went with what they had. I’m also guessing WD would have cost me more than the $750 for kit, installation and factory mirrors. I’m sure WD has hazard, but not sure how that works with their system. I will likely never use it, but just have to pull red handle out on Ryco lever. Required for street legal.
Thanks again for providing me with so much information and pictures, I really do appreciate you taking the time. The picture of the lever and the lights showing how they were installed is very helpful and helped me make my decision. I'm going to go with the Ryco kit as well but I have different plans for my front blinkers, I bought these off of Amazon a few weeks ago and plan to use them. They can also be used as a daytime running light and are sequential amber when they blink. They are 6" long, 1/4" tall and a 1/2" deep sealed in an aluminum housing and can be mounted with double sided tape. Current plan is to see how they look on the top of the front bumper.
1704050661703.png

Love that look! Let us all know how it goes! I might add those as well as the three I have, since my lights are blocked to some degree by brush guard.

Quick video of the turn signals mounted on the front bumper using 3M double sided tape. (don't use the shit they send with the lights) The lights measure 6" long X 1/2" wide X .3" tall. They come with about 3' of wire in a black harness. They are super easy to mount and wire. You can choose if you want to use them as running lights, turn signals, or both. If you only want one or the other just connect 2 wires, if you want both connect all 3. 1st video just running lights. The second video show what happens when you have a turn signal on.

Attachments

• IMG_9309.MOV
    15.4 MB
  • IMG_9310.MOV
    10.6 MB
Thanks again for providing me with so much information and pictures, I really do appreciate you taking the time. The picture of the lever and the lights showing how they were installed is very helpful and helped me make my decision. I'm going to go with the Ryco kit as well but I have different plans for my front blinkers, I bought these off of Amazon a few weeks ago and plan to use them. They can also be used as a daytime running light and are sequential amber when they blink. They are 6" long, 1/4" tall and a 1/2" deep sealed in an aluminum housing and can be mounted with double sided tape. Current plan is to see how they look on the top of the front bumper.
View attachment 177
Can you post the link off Amazon for these lights? Thanks.

This might sound like I'm moving backwards, but does anyone make a decent kit that uses a rocker switch instead of a turn signal lever? Because of where and how I ride, I don't need turn signals often and I would just as soon not block the 4wd and drive mode controls left of the wheel.

This might sound like I'm moving backwards, but does anyone make a decent kit that uses a rocker switch instead of a turn signal lever? Because of where and how I ride, I don't need turn signals often and I would just as soon not block the 4wd and drive mode controls left of the wheel.
Make some sense, but I am not aware of anyone. I am guessing you could make a system that did that, but you would likely have to make your own. You’d have to run wires and tap into the rear tail lights just like you would’ve the turn signal kit, purchase a blinker mechanism and then purchase front amber lights. Something like Red did, or the little round ones. You can also buy flexible LED lights that run white and turn yellow on signal. Amazon has all of that kind of those options that really look like the same thing WD electronics has For front.

A DIY like that would probably ultimately be cheaper, but a far bigger hassle. Other option is buy a turn signal kit and then just do a way with the lever and wire it to a rocker switch.

Just got thinking further and realized then your issue would be right versus left. Maybe solve that by having two rocker switches. Not sure what you would need to do there.

XTC Turn Signal kits use rocker switches instead of the stalk, I had their kits in my last 2 Rangers and they work well. The turn signal is just 1 switch, up goes left and down goes right, nothing when it's in the middle. They also include a horn and a 4 way flasher, once again just 1 switch for both functions. Wires harnesses are VERY nice and they use all factory plugs. Not a fan of the front turn signals (little amber dots) but that is easily solved. The only issue is they don't show a kit for the XD yet but I'm sure they will. Look them up on their website for more info.

Can you post the link off Amazon for these lights? Thanks.

Turn Signal Switch Fog Lights Assembly Universal Car Accessories Sequential Turn Signals 12V LED Light Strip for Daytime Running Lights, Night Running Light, White Amber Flashing LED Light Bar for Car​

Not sure the link is going to work but here is the description of the lights.

Turn Signal Switch Fog Lights Assembly Universal Car Accessories Sequential Turn Signals 12V LED Light Strip for Daytime Running Lights, Night Running Light, White Amber Flashing LED Light Bar for Car​

Not sure the link is going to work but here is the description of the lights.
Thank you, the linked worked.

Back